Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Is it possible to declare the value of US$ 79,99?

• cristianoalves Saturday, May 27, 2017 4:55 AM Reply

Is it possible to declare the value of US$ 79,99 to avoid customs taxes?

Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• Maye_Tao Saturday, May 27, 2017 9:42 AM Reply

Hello @cristianoalves

We usually declare package with a lower value.

Be happy. ( *^_^* )
    Posts(5502) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, May 27, 2017 4:03 PM Reply

Asking DX in a public Internet forum to do something illegal; very entertaining.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24946) | Reviews | Tip post

• Ignatus Monday, May 29, 2017 12:51 PM Reply

...and Dx replied positively in public, stating that they "USUALLY" are happy to be complicit ... that is even more entertaining :)

But hey, I'm happy that most Chinese online retailers usually declare a lower value.

- Although,  it doesn't always makes sense. Custom guys are not foolish enough to believe that all my package contents just cost 78 cents :p

I have to assume that some of them are humans too and have big hearts.

@cristianoalves

Just don't choose EMS shipping! No matter to which countries I've ordered to in the past, when I've selected EMS shipping I've almost always had to pay the TRUE Import Duty value, regardless of the value declared on the package.

So, if you go ahead placing an order here, just make sure that you select the "tracking option" if it is not enabled by default and pay the $1.70 extra if needed. Then DX chooses whatever postal service they like.

-I've received parcels from them with tracking feature -via China Post, DHL Global (not courier but the slower global service of 10 days), Netherlands Post and Singapore Post. Apart from the dead slow China Post (average 20-30 days) - all others were faster than EMS and had zero import duty issues.

Edit: Typo

Posts(190) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Ignatus on 5/29/2017 at 12:52 PM
  • alexandrekp Monday, July 10, 2017 2:44 AM Reply

Vergonha é pagar impostos para um governo corrupto,

Vergonha é ter um órgão chamado "Receita Federal" que ao invés de ter um papel Fiscalizador e autuador das importações ilegais, tem na verdade uma função Arrecadatória taxando produtos que estão em sua maioria abaixo do valor isento em lei, ou seja, um órgão federal que ignora leis federais.

Vergonha é pagar o dobro do valor de um produto por causa dos impostos e não poder falar nada.

Vergonha é ter leis que saqueiam o povo e o deixam mais pobre.

Respeite um país que te respeita.

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere