Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Computer)
Computer

CPU CHANGE

• antoniolopezgal Tuesday, June 27, 2017 7:10 AM Reply

Good afternoon.

I have an HP notebook motherboard: Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook

CPU Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz

Platform identifier 20h / MC 80h (Socket 479)

I want to replace the processor for another with higher perfomance and speed. I want to know if I can  change it for the Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz 6M LGA775 Wolfdale Dual Core CPU (SKU: 215161), or which one.

Thank you

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Tuesday, June 27, 2017 3:34 PM Reply

1, how do you know the old cpu is not soldered in like most laptops?

2, you need to check the laptop BIOS will support the cpu, and most important

3, original cpu socket 479, new cpu LGA775, no luck!

apart from the fact that you probably won't get full performance, the old RAM may be too slow, and the graphics card won't keep up and so on....

Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11989) | Reviews | Tip post

• beatricemcgraw Tuesday, December 5, 2017 3:22 PM Reply

You may visit this https://dir.exporthub.com/industry/computer-it-solutions.html here all  manufacturers of computers are available.

Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• samanthacramer Wednesday, October 3, 2018 5:46 PM Reply

You can change it to either one you want to. If you have replaced a processor before and placed a new one yourself then go ahead and do it by yourself and if you haven't then approach to a professional and get him to undergo the processor replacement process.essay help

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Computer)
Computer

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere