DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Feedback)
Feedback

missing cell phone in package shipped to Canada

• NickWang Wednesday, July 12, 2017 11:47 PM Reply

I order a cell phone and payed for it in April. After the long wait, I finally receive the package in July, which has a cell phone box inside but there is NO CELL PHONE in the box. The package and the phone box seems to be opened before. I exchanged a few messages with the customer service rep via the ticket service, but they will not do anything to address the fact that I did not receive the phone WHICH I PAID FOR, and asked me to complain to Canada post. However, the postal policy is that it should be the sender to file the complain, not the receiver.  

I bought a number of things, all cheap items, from DX.com in the past, and never had problem except long wait for shipping, which I don't really mind. I am very disappointed in my experience this time. It appears that DX.com is not a place to buy valuable things such as a cell phone.

Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• Maye_Tao @DX Staff @DX Staff Thursday, July 13, 2017 9:16 AM Reply

Hello @NickWang

We are sorry to hear this.

http://www.dx.com/Page-Conditions#return-policy

Important Notes: If possible, please make sure you have checked the package contents before you sign for it. In case of damage or empty, please refuse to accept it and contact us. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the integrity of all products as is and CANNOT refute the charges for the empty package.

You might need to claim compensation from local post office. Thanks for your understanding in advance.

Be happy. ( *^_^* )
    Posts(3460) | Reviews | Tip post

mod edited by Maye_Tao on 7/13/2017 at 9:17 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, July 13, 2017 9:57 AM Reply

the postal policy is that it should be the sender to file the complain, not the receiver. 

That's the case for more countries than just Canada, and DX has been through it enough times that they really should be including that in their staff training.

Important Notes: If possible, please make sure you have checked
    the package contents before you sign for it. In case of damage or empty,
    please refuse to accept it and contact us. Once you sign for the item,
    you are signing acceptance of the integrity of all products as is and
    CANNOT refute the charges for the empty package.

What's if it's not possible? How many couriers or posties do I know who would wait around while the intended recipient is found (if they weren't the one to first come to the door), the recipient opens the package, checks that everything is included, charges the battery, and confirms that it works OK? Zero. None. Nada.

Signing for a package is signing for delivery, not acceptance of integrity (which normally cannot be checked on the doorstep). For DX to claim otherwise very likely breaks postal laws.

This is completely outrageous. What happened to "satisfaction guaranteed"?

You might need to claim compensation from local post office.

Yet again, "the postal policy is that it should be the sender to file the complain, not the receiver." Was that not clear enough? And anyway, why should the compensation be sought from the local post office if the parcel was relayed by them to the recipient as the local post office received it? DX did not contract them to deliver the package, DX contracted a company in China to deliver it, and they basically subcontracted the local company. It's DX's problem to sort out.

DX has found a new way to deceive customers:
    Use reviews for different products that have not been bought
    by the person who wrote the review.
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1462252
    Posts(23248) | Reviews | Tip post

• NickWang Wednesday, July 19, 2017 10:07 PM Reply

Update on this thread. DX asked for a document with post office stamp. Finally, I got the document stamped by Canada Post, and attached to my ticket. Will see what happens next. 

Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Feedback)
Feedback

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere