DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

best AA flashlights

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, August 11, 2017 5:20 AM Reply

The ThorFire sold for $40.00 for a while then went down to $33. Usually when Thorfires go down, they stay there, but I can't guarantee that. 

I had another thought though. You might like the Maglite mini pro led (or pro + led) version. There's also an older mini led model. They start around $18 for the older model, (not as bright and only one mode) to about $28 for the top one. They all use 2 X AA cells. They are also zoom lights but they don't have a wide range of adjustment. Make sure the ones you look at say "led" in the title. The old ones with incandescent bulbs are very dim. 

Maglites aren't the most advanced/brightest lights on the market, but they last for years and have a lifetime warranty. I sent in a 10 year old model with a bad switch and they fixed it for nothing. you might have to pay return shipping though. 

Amazon has them all, along with bigger C or D cell sized models.

ALWAYS ask questions about a specific item on its
    page. Scroll down and click on "Post a new topic".
    Posts(11364) | Reviews | Tip post

• kmokre Tuesday, August 15, 2017 7:26 PM Reply

Nice discussion going on. First time i am going to buy a flashlight. After little bit research and read lots of reviews like this. I have found that fenix is one of the most popular brand. Surefire also good but their price is higher than any other brand. Thus, I was thinking to buy fenix light. But, no one here discussing about this brand. Why?

So, I should create new thread here or need to go flashlight related site for more information?

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by kmokre on 8/16/2017 at 11:37 PM
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, August 15, 2017 10:06 PM Reply

There's no problem discussing other brands of flashlights, but please start your own thread in the "Flashlights Forum". 

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, August 19, 2017 12:40 AM Reply

@Gabbar

Have you found anything yet? 

Maybe if you explain what you need it for (how much distance, how much runtime, # of modes needed/preferred, etc) we could possibly narrow down the search to eliminate lights that won't work.

Page 3 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere