Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Q & A)
Q & A

Can't order a PSP Battery...

• ebondefender Friday, September 1, 2017 8:15 AM Reply

Hi, I'm trying to order the following product for my old, "fat" PSP 1001

http://www.dx.com/p/3-6v-3600mah-li-ion-battery-for-psp-1000-black-240252#.WaimlP6Wy1s

However, I keep getting a message saying: "Due to new airline safety regulations announced by the ICAO, shipping of “pure power” products to your shipping address is not allowed. SKU:240252" I live in the USA, what's 'hazardous' about a simple battery being sent? Is there any way aroud this?

Thanks in advance!

Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• Maye_Tao Friday, September 1, 2017 9:01 AM Reply

Hello @ebondefender

Sorry, we are unable to ship pure power products to USA currently. Please refer to this thread http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1448752 . Thanks.

Be happy. ( *^_^* )
    Posts(5502) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, September 1, 2017 9:57 AM Reply

what's 'hazardous' about a simple battery being sent? 

Have you been living in a cave somewhere? There have been loads of news reports and videos of Li-ion batteries catching fire and/or exploding. Click the link below. vv

https://www.google.com/search?q=li-ion+battery+fires&oq=li-ion+battery+fires&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.25658j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12572) | Reviews | Tip post

• ebondefender Friday, September 1, 2017 11:58 AM Reply

@Maye_Tao, thank you. I'll check it out.

@gasbag11, no need to be impolite about it. A cave? No. Night shift in a very dangerous field in which I am familiar with actual hazardous materials? Yeah. Also the last time I've ever had *any* battery explode in my hand was years back in my old Game Boy. I think they were Ni-Cads. It still works, I still have both hands. :) I've ordered batteries from too, so I guess I'll go check there.

Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, September 1, 2017 2:17 PM Reply

Your use of the term "actual hazardous materials" suggests that you do not consider Li-ion batteries a "real" hazard. If that is the case, your safety training needs some up-dating. Li-ion batteries are a relatively new source of hazard and probably most people are not aware of how dangerous a problem they can cause. One of the articles in gasbag11's link reports that an incident (smoke, fire or explosion) at airports or on board flights occurs on average once every 10 days and is on the increase.

As you work in a hazardous environment and understand the risks associated with it, I'm sure if you were confronted with statistics like that, you would take the situation seriously and lessen the odds of catastrophe as much as possible.

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, September 1, 2017 9:56 PM Reply

I still find it very hard to believe that you haven't heard about Li-ion battery problems!

A few months ago, kids hoverboards (Li-ion cells) were catching fire and on the news almost every other day. The same for cellphones (Li-ion cells) (Samsung Galaxy S7 for one) and vaping devices (Li-ion cells) catching fire/exploding in people's pockets or purses causing some serious burns to some people. Hence my "cave" reference. 

Most airlines refuse to take them now, but you can order from places that ship by ground. 

Ask them.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, September 2, 2017 3:37 AM Reply

Something weird going on here.

From the OP's 2nd post. > I've ordered batteries from too, so I guess I'll go check there.

From my email for the same post. > I've ordered batteries from Amazon too, so I guess I'll go check there.

Who deleted Amazon and why? Obviously not the OP. If mentioning it is no longer allowed, we should be told.

Ask them.

post edited by gasbag11 on 9/2/2017 at 3:41 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, September 3, 2017 11:29 AM Reply

I am familiar with actual hazardous materials

Like... lithium?

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

Q & A

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere