DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Requests)
Product Requests

OUKITEL U16 Max 6.0

• Cyndee57 Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:26 AM Reply

Need to know before I buy the phone if it is unlocked and need the IMEI for cricket cell service if the phone will work. Please reply fast ty Is this a unlocked phone so I can use it with cricket cell service? Please help quickly before they are out of stock.

Posts(20) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Cyndee57 on 9/21/2017 at 8:47 AM
  • Maye_Tao @DX Staff @DX Staff Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:27 AM Reply

Hello @Cyndee57

The phone is unlocked.

Be happy. ( *^_^* )
    Posts(4251) | Reviews | Tip post

• Cyndee57 Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:40 AM Reply

Thank you will it work with cricket cellular service in Spokane Washington? 

• Maye_Tao @DX Staff @DX Staff Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:53 AM Reply

@Cyndee57

sku.852464580

Network Type: 2G , 3G , 4G    

Band Details:2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz; 3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz; 4G: FDD-LTE Band 1/3/7/20(B1:2100, B3:1800, B7:2600, B20:800MHz)   

Please contact your local cricket provider and ask which frequency band they operate on. Thanks.

Be happy. ( *^_^* )
    Posts(4251) | Reviews | Tip post

• Cyndee57 Thursday, September 21, 2017 10:02 AM Reply

Thank you it will work ordered it now the waiting game ty.

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, September 21, 2017 11:11 AM Reply

Cyndee57, I would be most surprised if this phone is suitable for your Cricket network. If I were you, I'd immediately check with Cricket what frequency band they operate on because it is very unlikely to be any of those mentioned in Maye_Tao's post above.

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7040) | Reviews | Tip post

• Cyndee57 Thursday, September 21, 2017 5:10 PM Reply

Hi, oh I did all that was told with all information that was given me and they said yes cricket will work they said perfect very compatible ty.

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:32 PM Reply

I'm sorry if I alarmed you unnecessarily Cyndee, but let me explain my reasons. Cricket is not mentioned in the Wikipedia list of networks (See link in my sig below) but of the 30 + networks operating in U.S.A., not one uses the appropriate bands for this phone. (1, 3, 7 or 20).

You must have had more luck communicating with Cricket than I did. I just spoke to them on Live Chat and found them very friendly and polite, but not too forthcoming with information regarding their band/s. This is my conversation with Pedro:

Pedro N: Welcome to Cricket! This is Pedro. How can I help you today?
    Me: Hi, I would like to know if you can provide a SIM suitable for use with my phone which has 4G bands 1, 3, 7 and 20 (B1:2100, B3:1800, B7:2600, B20:800MHz) Could you please advise which frequency band your network operates on. Thank you. It will be used mainly in Spokane Washington.
    Pedro N: Good morning John, thanks for reaching out to us.
    Pedro N: Our sim cards are 4G LTE capable... for those tech specifications please visit: https://www.cricketwireless.com/legal-info/mobile-broadband-information.html 
    Me: Thank you!
    Pedro N: You're very welcome !
    Pedro N: Is there anything else that I can assist you with right now? I'd be more than glad to do so!
    Me: I'm just looking on the page you linked but cannot find the frequency band. am I looking in the wrong place?
    Pedro N: Well John, that's the only broadband information available...
    Pedro N: We don't have any information that matches your specifications.
    Me: OK Pedro, thanks. Bye

Pedro's last comment does not exactly instil confidence that there is no problem, but if you are satisfied with the information they made available to you, enjoy your new phone. 

Perhaps I should have told Pedro I was bringing my Oukitel from Australia to use while visiting Spokane.  :)

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    Worldwide 3G bands list:

post edited by ozOzo on 9/23/2017 at 6:05 AM
  • Cyndee57 Friday, September 22, 2017 3:54 AM Reply

Wow but are you a member? Members like myself get a lot more informative and with my account they can say much more. Maybe but so far they said any unlocked phones are compatible, but there is T-Mobile and these seem very good. They need to add many more phones in their market for sure. But if dose not work am I able to return for refun? And how many days do I have? Thank you 

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, September 22, 2017 5:45 AM Reply

Last question first: "But if dose not work am I able to return for refun?"

Yes, but postal costs both ways will be deducted from your refund... Could be $30 or more, I don't know. If it has not been shipped yet, (check your order page) it would be safer to cancel the order temporarily at least, until you find out for sure whether it is compatible. I will apologise to you later for delaying delivery but not for saving you a lot of money if I'm right.

"Wow but are you a member?"

No, we don't have Cricket mobile network in Australia. Ironically, those bands are available on our networks.

"... so far they said any unlocked phones are compatible"

Absolutely untrue! As well as being unlocked, it is imperitive that a cellphone has the frequency band compatible with your network. In U.S.A. band 4 is the most commonly used but there are several others. The live chat staff at Cricket are probably like those at DX, very polite but not necessarily knowledgeable in the technicalities of their own products. They press the button beside one of their pre-programmed, vague replies and hope that it applies to the situation, then follow up with a bunch of meanigless platitudes until the customer goes away.

Get on the phone and insist on speaking to a technicion. Don't settle for anything less than the answer to one simple question: "What frequency band or bands does Cricket operate on?" The only reason I can think of for their not giving out this information is that they want to sell you one of their phones. If my Skype was working I'd make the call myself. I will be intereste to hear their response so please get back to us here. I hope I haven't wasted your time.

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    Worldwide 3G bands list:

Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Requests)
Product Requests

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere