DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

DEAL EXTREME IS A BIG SCAM!!!!

• knotis Saturday, October 07, 2017 11:19 AM Reply

Orderd items for 60 usd. And after i have paid with credit card the
    ask me to give them a photo of my credit card and drivers licens. What
    kind of idiot would leave out that information?!?!

This dealer is as scam. PLEASE STAY AWAY AND FOR GODS SAKE, DONT SEND THEM A PHOTO LIKE THAT.

Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Saturday, October 07, 2017 11:36 AM Reply

do you know what is a real big scam that causes DX and other online companies headaches?

organised criminals and low life individuals who use STOLEN CREDIT CARDS to buy online goods!

DX asks new users before they order the first time to provide ID to combat fraud, it costs DX many manhours and $$$ to chase down suspect orders, you are probably saying right now "But i'm not a criminal, i'm just an ordinary consumer" well, DX asks you as a new customer, prove it! it's a one time check and after verification your data is deleted, besides, everything these days is done online, is this really the first time you had to prove your ID online?

Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11777) | Reviews | Tip post

• ebpDoug Saturday, October 07, 2017 11:52 AM Reply

DX is legitimate, however I would not provide a photo of my credit card or driver's licence to any company unless I was in a position to physically grab a representative of that company by the throat and strangle the life out of said representative in the event that ANY leak, their fault or not, of my ID occurred as a result of their request (which is a definite risk unless submitted via a secure method - and email isn't secure.) Frankly, legit or not, if I were you I'd tell DX to F off and die. Or just die.

Posts(1002) | Reviews | Tip post

• ebpDoug Saturday, October 07, 2017 11:55 AM Reply

"it's a one time check and after verification your data is deleted"

You would trust a lying liar Chinese company to do this?! Not a chance I would.

• knotis Saturday, October 07, 2017 12:07 PM Reply

Okay, that is the explination? Lots of fraud atempts?

So they first take my money. Then they say " hey, give us a photo of your drivers license and credit card or we wont send you anything. For your trouble you will get 3% store credit". Come on....

Not even an moderator on this forum would agree thats an honest way of doing business. But practacly mandatory for a scamer....

If they thought i was a fraud, why do they keep my money then? why not pay it back onto the credit card that was used?

Every single online retailer battles with fraud. But no serious retailer would ever ask for your photo id and credit card...

STAY AWAY FROM HERE. THIS IS A SCAM.

Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, October 07, 2017 4:50 PM Reply

There is absolutely NO WAY that I would provide those details over the Internet. If I was hiring a car I might let the company photocopy my driver's licence, but absolutely NO WAY to a shop in another country I had never bought from before. Especially one that claims LatticeBright LEDs are Cree XM-Ls.

Why has DX also asked for those details from customers who are paying by Paypal, contravening Paypal's rules about such things?

DX has found a new way to deceive customers:
    Use reviews for different products that have not been bought
    by the person who wrote the review.
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1462252
    Posts(23694) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Saturday, October 07, 2017 6:51 PM Reply

here is where the "rubber meets the road" so to speak, i agree that if your paypal account is funded by a debit card or paypal balance i.e not from a credit card then you should not have to provide ID, but what if your card was a debit visa or debit mastercard? those companies have rules regarding account security, which is why they can offer users extra security benefits when shopping online like fraud guarantees, phishing safety nets etc

would i personally send my photo ID over the net? given the fact that ID theft is on the rise, no i would not, and when i first opened my DX account my paypal was funded by a credit card and DX did not ask for these details, would i still buy from DX as a new customer? yes, i would try to provide my ID, say at a local DX office in person, or find another payment method, or some other solution, like many things in life this is a fine line where both sides need to find a mutual compromise

Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11777) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, October 07, 2017 11:04 PM Reply

yes, i would try to provide my ID, say at a local DX office in person, 

Local DX office??

WHERE???

ALWAYS ask questions about a specific item on its
    page. Scroll down and click on "Post a new topic".
    Posts(11642) | Reviews | Tip post

• Maye_Tao @DX Staff @DX Staff Sunday, October 08, 2017 9:32 AM Reply

Hello @knotis

We just want you know the verification process is required out of security reasons regarding every order paid by credit card and paypal. Your registered data are all kept secret. We should refuse the payment if you don't want to provide these informations.  I don't see an order in your dx account. Please tell me the order number if you have one. Thanks.

Be happy. ( *^_^* )
    Posts(4237) | Reviews | Tip post

mod edited by Maye_Tao on 10/8/2017 at 9:34 AM
  • ebpDoug Sunday, October 08, 2017 11:47 AM Reply

"We just want ..."

What you "just want" is something no one should ever do!

If you have a credit card number, you should be able to verify from your end, through the credit card company, if the card has been issued to someone at the ship-to address or if the card has been reported stolen or otherwise compromised.

What is it you expect to do with a picture of someone's drivers's licence?

What you are requesting puts the person at risk of identity theft. Is every single person who will have even temporary access to the information bonded? (don't even know what that means, do you?). Is it easy to prosecute them and DX for any breach of data security through the courts of the country of residence of the the person placing the order? No one with any sense would provide such information to a foreign company.

I thought that the whole idea of paypal is that it puts a very distinct barrier between the purchaser and the supplier, with regard to access to confidential information. Everyone I know who uses paypal does it because they don't want their credit card information making its way to China.

"Your registered data are all kept secret."

I just flat out do not believe this. DX has an abundantly proven record of selling merchandise for which the descriptions are VERY often lies - lies ranging from identification of manufacturers to performance to fraudulent claims of safety agency approval - lies that would cause government action to force the products off the market if they were sold directly in many of the countries to which the goods are shipped. Customer reviews are frequently lies or used in ways contrary to the reviewer's intent. Even the customs declarations on the packages are lies. Why should anyone believe DX's practices with regard to handling confidential information are any better.

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere