DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Misleading advertisement 2

• 19031963 Friday, October 13, 2017 1:32 AM Reply

I bought a Motorola Z Moto Smartphone on the DX.Com website, I paid the amount mentioned in the ad but before finishing the order I questioned the customer service about possible taxes and I was told that I would only pay the advertised amount. They also informed that the order would be sent as a gift in order not to be characterized as an electronic purchase. It happened that on 10/10/2017 I received a notification from the post office here in Brazil informing me that there would be 60.00 (dollars) to be paid so that I could redeem my order. In this way I can only understand that I was deceived because I made the purchase of a product which I was able to pay and nothing more. Now how am I going to do to withdraw the product being that I do not have this difference they are charging me. I already sent a message to the customer service department asking for clarification on the misleading advertisement. I would like to point out that there would be taxes, maybe I would have bought this model here in my country because I thought I would save by buying for DX.com and now I will be paying the same price in Brazil. I ask for this and now I have lost confidence in buying from DX.com and I will not recommend it to anyone. Thank you!

Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, October 13, 2017 5:23 AM Reply

There are plenty of instances where DX's advertising can be called 'false', however I don't believe this is one of them.
    Here is how the subject is 'advertised' in DXs FAQs (http://cs.dx.com/FAQ/Detail/10) :

How are customs and taxes issues handled?

Customs and import duties including any taxes, tariffs or item seized, are the sole responsibility of the customer. Items shipped from our warehouse and other international warehouses are not subject to export taxes.

In many years shopping here, I have never heard of DX staff giving out information contrary to the above. Do you have the transcript. of the conversation in which you claim they mislead you?

I am sorry to hear of your plight but, unless you have proof of being mislead, it appears that you have neglected to inform. yourself of the terms and conditions shown in the FAQs. The only solution I can see now is to ask Customs to return the parcel to DX. You will still be responsible for postal cost both ways.

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7016) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by ozOzo on 10/13/2017 at 5:26 AM
  • 19031963 Friday, October 13, 2017 7:00 AM Reply

Dear friend who answered my questions, I want to inform. you that I have not neglected anything, I just entered the site where the advertisement of the product mentioned was included, I investigated the terms of the price and shipping as I have already reported and made the purchase. As I said in my report, I also went into contact with someone from the customer service and I questioned the payment of customs fees or shipping costs and I was informed as I also said that there would be no cost, both customs and shipping, and that the product shipment would be '' disguised '' as a gift to me. I did not record or save the answer that was given to me because I was totally sure that there would be no problem and I never found a situation like this where you would have to save dialogues or messages to be used later in complaints like the one I am doing. What you are telling me is absurd, I am old enough to know how to distinguish what is reliable from a possible blow. I do not have to present any transcript. since you know who we're dealing with. The product I bought was shipped from Singapore and the document I received from the couriers here in Brazil, a check was made on the 'non-invasive' package and they detected an electronic component and so they taxed it at 60.00 dollars. This way I ask you, because I'm taxed if you're the one said there is the information that nothing more than the value of the product will be charged, explain me! I bought my cell phone through DX and I understand that the shipment is the responsibility of DX and if it comes from China, Beijing, Cambodia, or Saudi Arabia, this is not my problem, I just hoped that everything said on the site would be confirmed and this did not happen and I want an explanation and if you want to defend the company or are spokeswoman of the same, I ask you to report and explain what happened because I am sure that it will not take out of your pocket the 60.00 dollars and this will stay for me. I will not return the product because if I bought it, it is because I need it and I will simply not make any further purchases in DX or even recommend it to someone else. This is my manifesto of dissatisfaction which is my right and yours to try to challenge me what is not convincing me.

• carinelucke30 Friday, October 13, 2017 7:40 AM Reply

Estou extremamente decepcionado com a compra que fiz no site da dx!! Comprei dia 21/07/17 um celular oukitel de R$364,54 e até hoje, 12/10/17 estou aguardando a chegada, sendo que as atendentes da dx te deixam mais irritadas ainda dizendo apenas que lamentam o inconveniente!!

Por favor, quero só o meu reembolso, que é meu direito!! Não indico a ninguém comprar por este site, que não te dá garantia nenhuma de proteção!! 

Número da ordem: 170715001077273486

Número do rastreio: RP437058027SG

Número do ticket: DB473F6787E54D03B58B62B846D49DD1

Por favor me ajudem!!! Não sei mais o que fazer 

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, October 13, 2017 11:59 AM Reply

Dear friend, let me assure you that I am not a "spokeswoman of the same [company]". I'm the wrong gender for one thing and just another customer... unbiased in regard to defending either DealExtreme or you but, possibly due to some language barrier, I find some things you say hard to understand. This may also be the case with the conversation you had with customer service.

"... I just entered the site where the advertisement of the product [Import Duty?] mentioned was included..."

If you were referring to Import or Customs Duty, where on the DX site do they advertise it as included? I showed previously where it is specifically stated that it is the responsibility of the customer and it is obviously your responsibility to know the laws regarding import to your own country.
    Free postage IS included but that can be a little confusing. Nothing is free... DX pay for it. In fact it should be advertised as "Postage included" i.e. included in the purchase price. If however a parcel is returned to DX due to a Customs issue at your end, that postage plus the return postage is deducted from your refund.
    All items are shipped from China not Singapore although sometimes they come via Singapore Post. I don't understand what you mean about the "courier" charging $60. Is that in addition to the$100 tax you mentioned in your first post?

"... I have not neglected anything,..."

If you enter into a contract with a company, particularly a foreign one with whom you have had no previous dealing without reading the terms, (in this case the Frequently Asked Questions), sorry but you are negligent. Ignorance is no excuse... that is fairly universal law.

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    Worldwide 3G bands list:

• Maye_Tao @DX Staff @DX Staff Friday, October 13, 2017 5:23 PM Reply

@carinelucke30

We have offered solutions for the lost package via ticket DB473F6787E54D03B58B62B846D49DD1. Please check. Thanks.

Be happy. ( *^_^* )
    Posts(3967) | Reviews | Tip post

• 19031963 Friday, October 13, 2017 10:42 PM Reply

Dear friend, please excuse me for my positions in the offensive category and I am sorry that I am already aware that I will have to pay the tax amounts already mentioned previously and that nothing that I say or argue will change the situation. I looked for information before the purchase and was not completely lazy of things, I think that maybe something happened that I did not understand that said about the taxes. But I do not want to prolong this debate any longer and just wait for the appropriate date when I have the financial resources to redeem my order. In any case, I thank you for your willingness to try to clarify these points that may not have been clear to my perfect understanding. I do not know which country you are but I invite you to visit Brazil and maybe you can talk to us in person. A big hug is a great weekend and thanks for everything one more time!

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, October 14, 2017 4:11 AM Reply

I would very much like to see Brazil but sadly, at my age the journey there from Australia would probably be my last... but thank you for the invitation. If you are ever in this country however, I would be happy to meet you, buy you a beer and we could sit and discuss the problems of the world... and no doubt solve most of them! Cheers and best wishes.   

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    Worldwide 3G bands list:

• carinelucke30 Saturday, October 14, 2017 8:57 AM Reply

Se eu tiver que pagar taxas estou ciente disso . O problema é que estou 3 meses esperando um produto que simplesmente saiu do rastreio, nunca chegou ao Brasil. As atendentes da DX só enrolam, protelam e até o momento não me deram posição de nada. Acho que por ser uma empresa que manda encomendas para diversas partes do mundo deveria ao menos se comprometer em dar um suporte um pouco melhor pro cliente

• carinelucke30 Saturday, October 14, 2017 9:02 AM Reply

Amigo eu sou do Brasil. Simplesmente estou há 3 meses esperando meu celular que nunca chegou e que desapareceu do rastreio.

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere