DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Firmware update: Files and instructions

• CiroRF Monday, November 13, 2017 2:57 AM Reply

Hello,

I have this product and it works partially, BUT it needs a firmware update.

Some apps, like netflix, can't be run or installed without updating the firmware. Google store crashes if you search for some names.

Online update gives an error message.

Can the seller/manufacturer point to where to find firmware files, software and instructions needed on how to update, please?

Without files and instructions to update this product is not worth buying.

Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

• AndiBcool Monday, November 13, 2017 8:08 AM Reply

Good luck finding thouse.

By the way i own a Nvidia Shield android TV 16GB for quite some time now (2015).

Does everything ( dolby Atmos, HDR,4k, ect.) and you get updates very often. 

Has other things to offer to.

Costs more but i would say its the best Android Player you can buy.

Posts(838) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Monday, November 13, 2017 11:45 AM Reply

you are assuming there is a firmware update? given the low cost and high turnover of models the manufacturers usually don't bother to update the Android OS, in general these are media players where you install it and mostly play your music and video files, it's not exactly like a smartphone or tablet where you are always changing apps, the good part is you can usually find a similar app to replace the one that is no longer working

Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11995) | Reviews | Tip post

• CiroRF Wednesday, November 15, 2017 3:33 AM Reply

@AndiBcool, yeah, those are nice. On my wish list also. :D ty.

@matrix-neo, cheers. There are some *few* updates, yes.

I Have located some images to burn. But the model I ended up receiving lacks a "reset" button in any form. Two types of reset button are used in the instructions. Mine has none. So I need to find the directions for flashing the buttonless board.

Maybe I will try some 3th party FW. Not much use for it now anyway.

• matrix-neo Moderator Wednesday, November 15, 2017 8:18 AM Reply

i went through something similar years ago, let me guess, to burn the new firmware you need to put the device into bootloader mode or similar and for that there needs to be a reset button? that's my point, the product is so cheap they left out the reset button, which probably cost a whopping 4 cents to include!?

if you can find the instructions online for your model there maybe a hack where you add a pullup resistor with a switch to the pcb, at your own risk of course

Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11995) | Reviews | Tip post

• CiroRF Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:26 AM Reply

That. Or just use a male/male jumper wire to link the solder points the button was supposed to short. Will try that when I have time. And I am bored. :D

post edited by CiroRF on 11/16/2017 at 7:27 AM
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere