Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Q & A)
Q & A

Having GSM Connection issues in USA

• HunyBear Saturday, January 13, 2018 2:02 AM Reply

Hi, Oukitel K5000 phone claims to connect to many different carriers. Can not find one that works other than TMobile which gets horrible reception in my area. (On 4th different sim/carrier) Any suggestions what to do? Phone is useless if I can't connect to AT&T as stated it could. See picture.Screenshot_20180104-132431.png

Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, January 13, 2018 7:05 AM Reply

If you bought your Oukitel K5000 from DX, why are you displaying the data and advertising page from another site? The K5000 shown on that site is obviously a different version of the same model. That version does have the American frequency bands, the one DX is selling does not.

If you read the data and advertising on the DX product page, it shows the 4G bands: B1, B3, B7, B8 and B20, none of which is compatible with most American networks. If you are referring to GSM in the 2G context, yes, this phone would work in any country in the world but most countries have phased 2G networks out. I’d be surprised if U.S. has not done so yet.

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7107) | Reviews | Tip post

• HunyBear Monday, January 15, 2018 11:45 PM Reply

Yes, I am talking about 2g/3g - in which the carriers I have tried say it is compatible and the sim registers in the phone but will not connect even at 2g with the appropriate APN settings. I'm at a loss. I understand the 4G will not work. The picture I posted suggests the different possible carriers in which I was focusing on the 2G/3G carriers in the US that should be compatible. They have not been phased out.

Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, January 16, 2018 2:55 AM Reply

AT&T USA uses WCDMA 850 and WCDMA1900. AT&T shut down GSM last year, so you need another phone :(.

What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7008) | Reviews | Tip post

Q & A

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere