Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Feedback)
Feedback

Censoring reviews

• karpatzioo Friday, February 16, 2018 5:54 PM Reply

I posted a review the other day for some phone case that I bought which was really low quality and I felt I should supply potential buyers with several objective facts about the case, for example that the build quality is pretty low and it doesn't perfectly fit the phone. Instead of publishing my review, DX staff saw fit to censor it, and instead asked me to open a ticket to solve my problem, as if they can make said product less bad which really annoyed me. Even if this problem was solvble, maybe by offering a different case or getting a refund, buyers should be warned about such products.

I then realized why there are so little reviews even for products that are extremely popular, DX simply censors reviews now wanting to deter buyers from sucky products.

Posts(10) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, February 16, 2018 9:40 PM Reply

http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1478572 

You're totally right about them not posting unfavorable reviews, but (not trying to make DX look good) that seems to be the norm for Chinese websites. 

You can do the review on the item's page like I did in the link above, (scroll down and click on "Post a new topic") and it will be there for people to see. 

You can also just give the item more stars and explain in the review that you only gave it those stars so people could see the truth about the quality. I've done both. 

Btw, if you think the phone case is really poor quality, you can make a ticket and ask for a refund/replacement. Sometimes they'll just refund the money without you having to ship it back, if the price is low enough. And don't be afraid to haggle a little if they offer too little the first time. :)

ALWAYS ask questions about a specific item on its
    page. Scroll down and click on "Post a new topic".
    Posts(12023) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Saturday, February 17, 2018 12:29 AM Reply

also, i don't know how close the two terms faulty/defect and low quality translate but sometimes when staff see one word they might understand the other word, a defect is an issue that stops the item being fit for purpose, so in the case of a phone cover it maybe the headphone jack is missing or in the wrong place, you cannot use headphones with cover on, low quality typically means lower performance, uses cheaper/less material, item may not last long or in this case the size is slightly off but item is still fit for purpose i.e it still works, take an example of a grocery plastic bag vs canvas bag, they both do the same job, i.e carry groceries, but the plastic bag, the cheaper(or free) option tears easily and is less durable, does that mean the plastic bag is 'defective'? not at all, unless the bag has a manufacturing fault it still does the job just not as long as the canvas bag, the problem starts when someone tells you the plastic bag is just as durable/strong as the canvas bag, well unless the same person actually hands you a bag made of super strong graphene which is going to be anything but free!

Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11892) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, February 17, 2018 3:40 AM Reply

I know DX doesn't approve reviews for defective items which is understandable, but I didn't mention the word defect or defective in my review in the link above or the one below. vv

http://club.dx.com/reviews/261064/783617 

But both were rejected and the one for the storage case was the exact same review but with 4 stars instead of 2 like I originally gave it. 

edit - Btw, I've seen 4~5 star reviews which were approved that said the item was never delivered or it didn't work at all. I even once saw an approved review that had no text at all. 

post edited by gasbag11 on 2/17/2018 at 4:32 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, February 17, 2018 8:27 AM Reply

Instead of publishing my review, DX staff saw fit to censor it, and
    instead asked me to open a ticket to solve my problem, as if they can
    make said product less bad which really annoyed me.

Yeah. I say let's meet DX at their stupid game. As gasbag11 said, any time a product is less than perfect and an unfavourable review is declined, ask for a full refund.

DX has found a new way to deceive customers:
    Use reviews for different products that have not been bought
    by the person who wrote the review.
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1462252
    Posts(24337) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:48 AM Reply

To prove a point that DX doesn't read reviews, and approves them only by the amount of stars they were given.

Dear User,

Your recent review "My impression of Clint Eastwood", which contains sku.479212 has been approved by our staff.

For more information please contact us at:

[email protected]

EDIT -  The review isn't posted yet so you'll have to click on "Reviews" in one of my posts to see it. 

post edited by gasbag11 on 2/22/2018 at 11:33 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, February 22, 2018 2:31 PM Reply

I changed the rating and title, added an extra line at the start, extended the line at the end, and resubmitted... and minutes after being approved it has 77 up-votes.

http://club.dx.com/reviews/425128/824265

post edited by sheepish on 2/22/2018 at 2:32 PM
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:09 PM Reply

77 up-votes?  77 UP-VOTES? That's not fair. They only gave me a measly 22 up-votes. 

Which ticket do I use for "Not given enough review up-votes"? 

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, February 23, 2018 5:22 AM Reply

Maybe the review's 9 failed submissions (dating back to last July) had something to do with it. I see it's placed in my reviews list (http://club.dx.com/reviews/u/sheepish ) when it was first written, not when it was approved.

Another bug with the Stupid New Forum Interface - I pasted that link inside the brackets then typed a space to get it to autolink. I deleted the space I had just typed but there's still a space there.

• tomlayo Thursday, March 08, 2018 7:48 PM Reply

I agree 100%. DX sells junk that they take no responsibility for. 

I just emptied my junk drawer, and most every piece of crap came from DX

Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Feedback)
Feedback

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere