Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Confused about UK tax?

• BWoodss Friday, March 23, 2018 10:29 PM Reply

Hi

I run a small shop and use suppliers like dx to buy products to sell. I'm making a small profit at the moment but don't want to sell tons more because my confusion - how will this shop affect my income tax? I'm working part time and make just under the basic income tax band according to this calculator. Does income from my shop count as income tax? (Not advertising my shop - there are no links & username is totally irrelevant to it before I make the mods angry) Hope to hear from someone soon!

Thanks

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• J_ellis Tuesday, June 12, 2018 11:56 PM Reply

Hi

As you are selling as a business to make profit you are liable to pay tax on all income you make. I personally used this salary calculator: http://salary-calculator.org.uk/. You can also claim on some items - check HMRC's website for more information.

Hope this helps :)

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere