Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Feedback)
Feedback

At my wits end - faulty phone

• rosjhb Friday, April 13, 2018 12:00 AM Reply

I don't know what to do anymore. The phone I received is faulty, it just turns off whenever it feels like it, the battery goes from more than 50% down to 0 with no warning - the phone is effectively unusable. I have taken it to Samsung in both South Africa and India, and they say they can't help because it's an "overseas phone". I opened a ticket on 20 March, I got a response on 27 March asking me to send a video. I replied immediately,explaining that the problem is unpredictable so there's no way to get it on video.... I can't predict when it's going to just turn off, and I can't sit holding a video camera to the phone hoping the problem will happen. I sent many screengrabs of the battery monitor that cleaqly show the battery plummeting down to zero. I got a reply on 3 April, which said "We  have contacted with supplier, please wait me 2-3 days then contact me , i will give you solution.". It's over a week later, and still nothing.

What now??? I have been essentially without a phone for over a month now, because this phone cannot be replied upon.

Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

• Maye_Tao Friday, April 13, 2018 11:15 AM Reply

@rosjhb

Your ticket has been replied. Please check and get back to us there. Thanks.

Be happy. ( *^_^* )
    Posts(5502) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, April 13, 2018 3:27 PM Reply

This thread would have been better in the Cell Phones forum: http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/forum.-284 

If the battery plummets to zero you should definitely be able to get that on video.

DX has found a new way to deceive customers:
    Use reviews for different products that have not been bought
    by the person who wrote the review.
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1462252
    Posts(24657) | Reviews | Tip post

• rosjhb Monday, April 16, 2018 10:19 PM Reply

@sheepish

How, exactly, am I to get this on video, without sitting holding a video camera filming my phone? I have no idea when it's going to happen. I can't predict it. And generally, nothing happens when the phone sits idle. But after using the phone for anything between a few minutes and several dozen minutes, this is when it suddenly shuts down. I don't know how to both use the phone and at the same time record myself using the phone! I only have two hands, and I don't have a proper video camera with tripod. All I have to make a recording is my old phone (and it doesn't have much free space on it, because I've had to keep all of the apps on it since I'm effectively using it as my phone, given the issues of the new phone). I've tried to set it up so that it stands on its own, but then I have to somehow use the other phone with the recording phone between me and the phone that's being recorded - because if I prop the old phone up against something, then how do I look through it to see what it is recording? I just couldn't manage it. Maybe you have a suggestion for me as to how to do this?

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:23 AM Reply

I'd rig something up with corrugated cardboard and hotmelt glue or duct tape - no worries.

But you'll have to see if DX insists on a video.

DX has found a new way to deceive customers:
    Use reviews for different products that have not been bought
    by the person who wrote the review.
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1462252
    Posts(24657) | Reviews | Tip post

• rosjhb Friday, April 20, 2018 2:55 PM Reply

So as soon as I posted this message, on 13 April, I got a reply to my ticket. Since then - silence. Do I have to post here in order for someone to get to my ticket?

«Reply to this thread (in Feedback)
Feedback

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere