Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Lasers)
Lasers

Connecting a 5500 mW blue laser on a CNC 3018

• LeLampiste Tuesday, July 3, 2018 9:56 PM Reply

Hi everybody

I received my new CNC 3018 with a 5500 mW blue laser.

This one is equiped with a separate PCB. Two cables are connected from this PCB to the laser.

On the other side of the PCB, a connector is linked to a female circular 5mm power connector called '12V'

The machine was delivered with a cable having a male circular 5mm power connector and a small white connector.

On the arduino-like PCB, there is a adequate white connector designed to be the laser output.

The 5V TTL input of the PCB is free.

I wonder how I could connect those simply, having in mind that : 

- the laser is supposed to be power modulated. Only by 2 wires including the power supply ?

- the laser is sold to be powered with 24 V (also said that it works with 12V)

- there is no indication to connect the 5V TTL input (PW modulation ?)

I didn't find any information about that on the net.

Can somody help me ?

By the way, the cable to connect the motor was not supplied a I didn't find how to claim.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

Lasers

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere