Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Q & A)
Q & A

Tracking not working even 2+ weeks after ordering

• DXBurs Tuesday, July 17, 2018 5:03 PM Reply

Hello.

I made an order on July 1st. I got the tracking number, but it's still not working on any of the tracking sites I've tried.

I have read tracking number needs 1-3 days to become active, but 17 days is simply too much to be taken as normal.

I see your livechat as always offline, your ticket service doesn't work, and I don't see your support email either.

I found this forum only through google search right after 15 minutes of clicking through your wesite wondering why are you hiding from your customers so persistently. Other webshops are much friendlier, and customers can get in touch with support in no time.

I would like some update on my order, since the package should have already arrived to where I live.

Most packages from China arrive in 12-15 days to my place, so not being able to see even the tracking info after so long is simply disturbing to me. I wonder if my package is even sent at all, no matter the tracking number I've received.

My order number is 180630001061514279. Please check asap.

Regards

Posts(10) | Reviews | Tip post

• cyclist Moderator Tuesday, July 17, 2018 5:42 PM Reply

The ticket serice works fine, but it can be a bit slow for replies depending on how busy DX are.

Never expect your package to arrive in a few weeks, usually its between 2-6 weeks depending on what the postal services are like on the way.

If DX say they shipped your package, then they shipped it, try the tracking link in my sig below "17 track".

Flashlight issues~https://tinyurl.com/bw2d3pd
    DX Return Policy/Warranty~https://tinyurl.com/yb7dpg3s
    New customers read this ~ http://tinyurl.com/3kcyfqm
    Tracking site ~ http://www.17track.net/en
    Posts(17139) | Reviews | Tip post

• DXBurs Tuesday, July 17, 2018 6:28 PM Reply

Thanks for the quick reply. But...

Can you then explain me how to open a new ticket?

When I go to Ticket Service, I just see a bunch of help links, any none of them helps me.

https://cs.dx.com/Ticket/Order

I can browse through my old tickets, but for the life of me I can't find where can I open a new one?

I tried Chrome, Opera, Edge, different version, with or without extensions, different proxies, even tried on mobile, etc etc.

I always expect my packages to arrive in 2 to maximum 3 weeks - because they always do, even with free shipping.

That's why this worries me. I've been ordering from China since 2011, and have never ever had to wait for 6 weeks. Jeez.

It wouldn't be the first time I received someone else's tracking number, and seller saying it has been shipped. I'm not saying this is the case here. I just wouldn't be surprised if that turns out to be true. I tried all major tracking sites (including 17track), about 7-8 of them, too lazy to list them all here.

It's not my first purchase here on DX, let alone first in general. I know what to expect, but this is now very much different from when I was ordering here the last time.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, July 17, 2018 10:46 PM Reply

I always expect my packages to arrive in 2 to maximum 3 weeks - because they always do, even with free shipping.

You must be a very lucky person, or you haven't ordered from China very often.

I've been ordering from different China sites for close to 7 years, have made about 120 orders, and my arrival times (on average) have been about 3 weeks, but many have taken around 2 months,and one order took 5 months to arrive. .

What is the "Shipment" date in your account. Tracking #s can take up to 10 days (after the order was shipped) to start working/updating.

There are far too many variables when ordering from China to expect any consistency for shipping/arrival times.

Orders may be rejected by China customs and returned to the seller for no reason, other than being in the same bag that a restricted item was in. 

Some postal systems are much slower than others. Some have very poor tracking. Orders can be lost or stolen along the way. Scans can be missed along the way making it appear that the pkg has stopped moving/is stuck somewhere. 

ALWAYS ask questions about a specific item on its
    page. Scroll down and click on "Post a new topic".
    Posts(12411) | Reviews | Tip post

• DXBurs Wednesday, July 18, 2018 12:21 AM Reply

On the contrary, most of my purchases are from China. Mainly e-bay and aliex (both with 3-figure orders), but also from other major Chinese resellers which I won't mention here, because I still haven't read DX forum rules :) But lucky or not, don't know. Maybe a bit picky, when trying to find seller which honors his word (ie. delivery times) to the fullest. It also depends very much on your delivery address, but you sure know that already. And waiting for 2, or even 5 months like you do - I would be furious, and never shop from such seller ever again. Just saying.

Anyways, let's stop with off-topic. Shipment date is also July 1st (shipping was said "in 24 hours"). And on main DX website there's written in plain black and white that tracking number needs 1-3 days to update. And still to today's date, 17 days later, no tracking site can show any info about my package. Again, lucky or not, I never had to wait 10 days for it to start working. It's 2-4 days at most, hence my amazement to such a great update delay.

I agree with you on all possible reasons for this issue, but now when you metioned customs, it might be just that (for whatever reason). But in such case, it would be fair from DX support to notify me about that, right? Either if shipment was delayed or returned. But if that's the case, tracking should show exactly that, and not nothing.

I was so happy they had the product I wanted in stock, they said to ship in 24 hours, and they explicitely said they ship to my country. But now I regret my purchase here, because by ordering from somewhere else I would have already got it, and with DX I'm at their mercy in hope they will contact me - because I can't contact them! This is so frustrating. Next time I will be more careful with them.

I will wait few more days. Then I'm afraid I'll have to open PayPal case for my transaction with them, and order the product again from somewhere else.

post edited by DXBurs on 7/20/2018 at 12:18 AM
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, July 18, 2018 7:46 AM Reply

This link > https://cs.dx.com/Ticket/Check/Order.Delay  < was in your link. Technically, it's a little early to use it, but if you can wait a couple of days it should be okay since tickets are taking a long time to be answered now. 

Btw, once you make a ticket, don't add anything to it until DX replies or it will go to the back of the queue every time. 

ALWAYS ask questions about a specific item on its
    page. Scroll down and click on "Post a new topic".
    Posts(12411) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gasbag11 on 7/18/2018 at 7:48 AM
  • Maye_Tao Wednesday, July 18, 2018 10:01 AM Reply

Hello @DXBurs

Sorry to hear this.

Both packages were returned as they failed customs security check. Would you like us to resend or refund now? Thanks.

Be happy. ( *^_^* )
    Posts(5502) | Reviews | Tip post

• DXBurs Wednesday, July 18, 2018 1:44 PM Reply

@gasbag11

OK tnx, I got it. So link "Haven’t received packages after 20 days waiting" is in fact "Contact customer support". Never tried to click on it, as it wasn't my case. Very misleading link. Ticket Service web page needs some redesigning. Thumb down for user experience.

@Maye_Tao

Why wasn't I notified about that earlier? If I didn't opened this thread, how much longer would take you to contact me? Another 3 weeks? A month? anyway, if you resend my order now, how can I be sure this won't happen again? Because I would rather pay more somewhere else than waisting my time here. Please double-check if ordered product can be exported from China, and shipped to my country.

• Maye_Tao Thursday, July 19, 2018 9:09 AM Reply

@DXBurs

sku.450316 might be exported via another shipping channel to Croatia. Thanks.

Be happy. ( *^_^* )
    Posts(5502) | Reviews | Tip post

• DXBurs Thursday, July 19, 2018 2:09 PM Reply

If you think my order could pass through different shipping channel, let's give it another try.

But please, update me as soon as possible, be it good or bad.

I would still prefer products to be separated like last time, not to attract to much attention from customs.

I will check tracking status regulary, and report back to this thread if everything's ok.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
Q & A

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere