Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Transition from CC to CV while charging LiION

• ozland Saturday, August 4, 2018 6:48 AM Reply

Did anyone use this to charge Li-Ion battery and if so how do you set or how is transition from CC to CV configured?

For Li-Ion battery switch from CC to CV should occur at around 4.1V then topup at CV to complete charging at around 4.2V.

My question is, do you set CV pot at 4.1V or to 4.2V. If set to 4.1V what guarantees that charging cycle will terminate at around 4.2V?

Please reply only if you used it for Li-Ion charging and observed charging process.

Cheers,

Oz

Posts(19) | Reviews | Tip post

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:21 AM Reply

I have not used this, but typically the process for setting the pots are the same:

Power the device and check the open circuit voltage (no load attached) with an accurate digital multimeter. Then adjust the voltage pot so that the output voltage is 4.2V * number of Li-ion cells. If the voltage is not changing as you adjust the pot, then you're adjusting the wrong pot.

Connect your discharged battery and also a ammeter in series with the power supply. If you don't have a discharged battery, then substitute a resistor load which is chosen to give you about 3V per cell at the desired current. Then adjust the current pot to your desired current. I recommend no more than "1C" current (e.g. no more than 2 amps for a 2 amp-hour battery). Do not substitute a nearly fully charge battery or a short circuit for this step. A full or nearly full battery will not go into CC mode, and a short circuit may trip any protection circuit.

What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7069) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere