Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Image with hand is incorrect or lying

• IAmShae Friday, August 31, 2018 11:00 AM Reply

Hey folks - the main image for this product is greatly misleading at best and a flat out lie otherwise.

Judging by the size of my hand, the item being held by the hand in your image is approximately 4 inches on a side - closer to 77mm even though the actual dimensions you list are 30mm on a side.

This means the image is purposefully designed to mislead your customers - us.  We've come to expect better from DX and you should understand that deceptive business practices will chase away many of your repeat customers.

Please let me know once the image has been updated with something far more realistic.

Thank you.

Posts(20) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, August 31, 2018 11:25 AM Reply

We've come to expect better from DX

We've actually come to expect bad photoshopping from DX.

But oh, my. This one is bad. It's incredibly misleading.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24949) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, August 31, 2018 11:09 PM Reply

We've come to expect better from DX

We have?

http://club.dx.com/forums/Forums.dx/threadid.1483256 

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12568) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, September 1, 2018 5:29 AM Reply

That thread ^ didn't come up in a forum search for "photoshopping". A forum search for "bad photoshopping" just turned up lots of threads with "bad" in the title.

sku.348965 has another example, the image with the motocycle. The DX photoshopper even left the editing marks on the image when they took a screen capture of it. The product specs are also lies because it's a counterfeit LED.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24949) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Saturday, September 1, 2018 5:00 PM Reply

maybe the hand belongs to a 6 year old? although why someone would give a 6 year old long fingernails is odd....yep it's more likely to be bad photoshopping, the fact two sizes of 30mm and 4cm does not help

ps i'm getting tired of "Packing List Product" packing list should describe item by specific description and quantity

Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11865) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere