Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Site Bug Reports)
Site Bug Reports

Missing Store Credit from checkout!

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, September 11, 2018 5:33 PM Reply

hmm, maybe we can call that the DX Paradox, i.e the simpler the problem is, the less likely it will be fixed

That's spot on. And things that didn't need fixing at all (like the forum) were "fixed".

DX has found a new way to deceive customers:
    Use reviews for different products that have not been bought
    by the person who wrote the review.
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1462252
    Posts(24807) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:16 PM Reply

hmm, something that is broken and fixed at the same time, this one we can call the DX Heisenberg Principle, hey folks, come to DX for the gadgets and witty banter and actually learn something at the same time!

Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11960) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:38 PM Reply

Does it seem odd to anyone else that staff haven't even bothered to reply to this thread? It's not like an everyday thread about a late order. Plus there haven't been any complaints about the problem from other customers. 

ALWAYS ask questions about a specific item on its
    page. Scroll down and click on "Post a new topic".
    Posts(12322) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:22 AM Reply

No, not at all. When was the last time DX responded to a bug report?

• Alisa-Deng @DX Staff @DX Staff Wednesday, September 12, 2018 11:25 AM Reply

Hello @cyclist

We truly apologize for any inconvenience caused. Recently we are upgrading the system, we sill fixed this problems ASAP.

Posts(306) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:47 PM Reply

Ugrading? UPGRADING?

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, September 14, 2018 10:29 PM Reply

5 days since cyclist started this thread and they STILL haven't been able to replace the "Use store credit" button?

Sorry but I'm not buying that. No one is that incompetent.

Unfortunately the only other reason that seems logical (to me at least) is that they don't want anyone using store credit because there's no profit for them. Not that they're greedy, but more like they're desperate, which also fits my personal theory that it appears they are extremely short-handed. 

Like I've said many times before though, I could be totally wrong and there may be a much better reason/s why things appear to have been going downhill for quite some time now. 

Any different theories?

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, September 15, 2018 6:08 PM Reply

No one is that incompetent.

You are ignoring a long track record.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, September 15, 2018 11:56 PM Reply

You are ignoring a long track record.

A long track record of incompetence? Or maybe a long track record of letting themselves "appear" to be incompetent. 

It's better to seem like a bunch of lovable screw-ups, than a site that will lie about product specs, ignore direct questions about their actions/policies, have misleading info all over the site, and loads of other things, just to get your money.

One example. vv

I've been posting here for over 6 years and customers have been complaining about the misleading shipping/delivery times on product pages all that time. (I'm sure before that too) DX could have easily changed it at any time, but they didn't. Incompetence? Or maybe they know that customers won't return orders just because of longer than expected delivery times. Especially if that would mean paying for shipping both ways, since nothing was wrong with the product. And from what I've read online, there are very many people who won't bother sending things back to China no matter if they're damaged or totally destroyed. 

I'm not saying that DX is one of the worst Chinese sites, but since I once thought it was the best, (or one of the best) it seems to me that they've been slowly sliding back down the pole and will soon be indistinguishable from the other (once lesser) sites. 

Maybe I'm a little more emotionable about it than many other people, but one reason for that is that I still have some of the first things I ordered from here about 7 years ago, and they still work. Even the original batteries in some of them still work. I've gotten every single thing I've ever ordered, and have not received one damaged item. Except for the plastic case that 2 X 18650 cells came in. The cells were not even scratched. A few cheaper flashlights didn't work exactly as described (next mode memory) but I either modded/fixed them, or made throwers out of them. They flew quite a long way too. :)

I made a total of about 5 tickets, and only one in the last 5 years. edit - Not counting 4 tickets for lost orders.

Maybe I've been luckier than most, and maybe that's why I was a happy camper, fanboy, (or whatever you want to call it) for so long, but as they say; "The bloom is off the rose"  and I'm too damn old to go camping anymore. 

post edited by gasbag11 on 9/16/2018 at 9:50 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, September 16, 2018 6:59 AM Reply

... a site
    that will lie about product specs, ignore direct questions about their
    actions/policies, have misleading info all over the site, and loads of other things, just to get your money.

Yep.

I can't argue against any of those points, especially about DX being quite happy to lie to its customers about product specs. A staff response:

After you reported error for this kinds of lights, we will confirm
    with the supplier. Most of them insist that they are cree leds. And they
    said that you'd better to claim after you get the lights and test them
    first. If you just see the leds from the pictures and claim they are
    not genuine, they have nothing to say. We did confirm with the
    suppliers. Please trust us.

DX embraces LIES!

Sadly, in going down that road they're basically declaring they're not interested in repeat customers, and it shows. They are steadily going downhill.

However, I will remind you of this post and the one following it: http://club.dx.com/forums/Forums.dx/threadid.1476942?paging=no#1478026 

Page 2 of 4
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Site Bug Reports)
Site Bug Reports

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere