Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Feedback)
Feedback

Only positive reviews are accepted :-(

• Welsku Saturday, September 22, 2018 4:20 PM Reply

I have ordered a lot of stuff from DX and I have tried to give good feedback when the product had earned it.

But every now and then there are also bad products, which I think should get reviewed fairly.

When I try to give a fair review for a bad product, I don't wish to open a ticket for getting my money back or anything.

I can create a ticket if I want my money back or (given the option) just complain.

I only wish to give the review so that others wouldn't have to make the same mistake that I did.

I have given positive review for 35/41 products. Those are good products that have earned it.

But a fair review for those 6 bad items were unapproved. 4 of them were really cheap and I

didn't want my money back in case I got to review them fairly. for the 2 other items I got my money

back, but I still would have wanted to review them to let others know about my bad experience.

I wouldn't want to consider that the items that are not reviewed would be crap.

I wish to read both good and bad reviews (if there are any) as long as they are fair.

I have read some reviews, which have been negative but fair, but they all seem to be from at least 2 years ago.

It seems that there has been some policy change that no negative reviews are accepted.

In my case I would probably spend more money on a better product if there was a bad review on a product

that I first consider. It would then benefit also the seller, if the reviews are not heavily controlled.

Please start accepting negative reviews as well. It's for the good of everyone.

Posts(30) | Reviews | Tip post

• cyclist Moderator Saturday, September 22, 2018 6:40 PM Reply

Ever since the Mods (customers) were stopped being allowed to approve reviews, you'll very rarely see any new reviews lower than 4 stars.

The staff who do the reviews are very lazy and don't really care what is being written, as long as the review has 4/5 stars, they just approve it. Thats what they did when I was doing reviews years ago and I spent just as much time deleting the rubbish they approved as I did actually approving new reviews!

Nothing will change, no matter how many people complain about it over the years.

The only other options, make your review 4 star and state clearly in your written review that it is not a 4 star review, but that is the only way to get your review approved or, just post your review on the products own forum. The later is probably the best, as that way other customers can ask about it and there is no chance of the post being deleted.

Flashlight issues~https://tinyurl.com/bw2d3pd
    DX Return Policy/Warranty~https://tinyurl.com/yb7dpg3s
    New customers read this ~ http://tinyurl.com/3kcyfqm
    Tracking site ~ http://www.17track.net/en
    Posts(17138) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, September 23, 2018 5:58 PM Reply

I had a three star review approved recently, but only on my third attempt. Each of the four subratings needed to have at least three stars.

DX has found a new way to deceive customers:
    Use reviews for different products that have not been bought
    by the person who wrote the review.
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1462252
    Posts(24914) | Reviews | Tip post

• Yolanda-du @DX Staff @DX Staff Tuesday, September 25, 2018 2:13 PM Reply

Hello @Welsku

We will ensure that each customer has an objective evaluation ability, as long as the content is original, the evaluation is objective, and the same praise, middle evaluation, and bad evaluation as the purchased product can be passed.
    Recently, our comment system has been updated and upgraded, which may cause some comments to be cancelled. If your comments are not displayed, you can provide us with the customer ID. If the comments are correct, we will manually restore them.

Posts(108) | Reviews | Tip post

• Welsku Friday, September 28, 2018 2:30 AM Reply

Let's see if my review for 11882 gets through this time...

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, September 28, 2018 5:05 AM Reply

the same praise, middle evaluation, and bad evaluation as the purchased product can be passed.

This is simply NOT TRUE. If a customer submits a bad evaluation DX refuses to accept the review if it has been given less than three stars. DX tells the customer to open a ticket, as if the product must be faulty. DX will not accept that some of its products are made the way they are, which is badly. They are bad products.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, September 28, 2018 10:09 PM Reply

Recently, our comment system has been updated and upgraded, which may cause some comments to be cancelled

That sounds an awful lot like they're now forecasting site bugs.

And what does that have to do with censoring reviews? 

Updated and upgraded? LMAO. The only thing that's been updated/upgraded there is the # of site bugs. It's constantly going up.

ALWAYS ask questions about a specific item on its
    page. Scroll down and click on "Post a new topic".
    Posts(12410) | Reviews | Tip post

• dannygibor Tuesday, October 02, 2018 2:48 PM Reply

I ordered a red game controller for my son but received a pink one instead.

After I opened a ticket and proved that they sent me the wrong product the communication was dead for around 2 or 3 weeks.

By that time I got really annoyed with customer service so I decided to post a review and warn fellow customers that they might get a wrong color.

My review was censored and not published due to its "negative" tone and low rating.

DX don't understand that that's the all point of reviews: not all reviews should be excellent and the only way to improve your service is by listening to customers and making them happy.

Another funny thing is that after canceling my review the customer service sent me a reply offering me a 3$ compenstation.

What a joke... !!!

They don't realize that it's not about the money but about customer satisfaction.

A really satisfied customer will spend tons on money buying useless stuff while an unhappy customer won't spend even a cent.

I won't be buying again from DX anytime soon until they improve their customer service / attitude.

In short: DX - stop censoring stuff and focus on making us happy. 

You've already got the cheap trinkets. 

Now it's time to get serious and invest more in a professional customer service.

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, October 02, 2018 2:58 PM Reply

They don't realize that it's not about the money but about customer satisfaction.

The $3 compensation offer is a negotiation step. You don't have to accept it. If you do not, DX might offer more or request you return the item.

PS. And don't hijack threads.

post edited by sheepish on 10/4/2018 at 5:40 AM
  • Welsku Thursday, October 04, 2018 1:00 AM Reply

After Yolanda's reply I made that 2 star review and it was accepted. I had tried posting the review 2-4 times before that.

Thank you for that. I hope DX continues to accept also the bad reviews from me and from other users as well.

Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Feedback)
Feedback

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere