Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

The "Review" link is gone!

• Alisa-Deng @DX Staff @DX Staff Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:30 AM Reply

Hello @desolder

Because the product has been removed or the product ID has changed, so it may can't be comment! We are fixing the problem, thanks for your feedback.

Posts(1062) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, December 5, 2018 3:42 PM Reply

I also get the impression that DX is trying to wipe out any public interactions from their site.

Like with customers. (This would have been non-italics but I couldn't turn it off! Stupid. New. Forum. Interface.)

or the product ID has changed

Yeah, about that. I've just figured out a non-sensical DX reason. It's so that DX's SKU numbers don't look "old". For example, sku.5873 is a pretty good USB extension lead, but with a SKU number that old DX thinks it's not going to sell well. DX solution? Give it a new SKU number, sku.2004807 so all the repeat customers who know it by the original SKU cannot find it. (Edit - that'll be the next change, since the old SKU redirects to the new SKU still, and the old SKU is displayed on the product page.)

And all those SKU numbers which are sold out and make the site look dated! DX solution? Just get rid of the product pages and serve 404 errors instead so the threads with valuable information can't be found easily.

Oh DX, you've done it again. I'm more convinced than ever that my predicted date is roughly correct.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24945) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by sheepish on 12/5/2018 at 3:45 PM
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, December 5, 2018 9:33 PM Reply

Like with customers. (This would have been non-italics but I couldn't turn it off... 

You must not hold your mouth right when you post. lol

Seriously, I had no trouble turning it off. Maybe it's because I got in the habit of turning it on/off twice because sometimes it seemed like it wouldn't turn off just doing it once. Been doing that pretty much since the change.

And I didn't cheat by typing the whole line, then going back to italicize only the first bit. :P

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12566) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, December 6, 2018 3:14 AM Reply

For example, sku.5873  is a pretty good USB extension lead, but with a SKU number that old DX thinks it's not going to sell well. DX solution? Give it a new SKU number, sku.2004807

When I click on sku.5873 in your post above, I see the page for sku.5873. When I click on sku.2004807, I still see the page for 5873.

When I Type 2004807 in the search bar, above the thumbnail it says 2004807, but when I click on the pic it goes to the page of 5873.

Maybe I'm not holding my mouth right when I search?

Ask them.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:22 AM Reply

I only got a notification for the second of those two posts. ^

It wasn't for lack of trying. That whole line wanted to stay in italics.

When I click on sku.5873  in your post above, I see the page for sku.5873 . When I click on sku.2004807 , I still see the page for 5873.

When I Type 2004807 in the search bar, above the thumbnail it says
    2004807, but when I click on the pic it goes to the page of 5873.

Both of them have 2004807 in the URL not 5873. Can you come up with a better DXplanation than my one?

Remembering 30 years.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, December 6, 2018 7:00 AM Reply

Both of them have 2004807 in the URL not 5873. Can you come up with a better DXplanation than my one?

Yes they do, and no I can't. It's every bit as valid and fits perfectly with, and actually strengthens, my theory that DX stopped showing listing dates so people couldn't see how old some of the products are.

I hate to say this, but the sneakiness going on here is getting to be a little much. Over the years, I've told probably hundreds of customers that I trusted DX completely, especially with my money. Right now, I doubt if I'll ever say that again. 

And when I say "sneakiness", the thing that makes me use that word more than any other, was removing the "Use store credit" button without mentioning it anywhere on the site. And that happened too long ago for them to blame it on the site change. 

Ask them.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, December 6, 2018 2:59 PM Reply

At the moment I don't trust DX enough to place an order. Especially with the screwing up of the login. It's hard enough to post; why should I place an order!?

Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, December 7, 2018 10:42 AM Reply

Alisa, just a few minutes ago I tried to check My Orders and I got logged out (again!). That is why it's hard to post - the login has been screwed up.

Remembering 30 years.

• Alisa-Deng @DX Staff @DX Staff Saturday, December 8, 2018 3:10 PM Reply

Hello @sheepish

You can't login the account in the new station and in the Forums in the same brower, because the forums is stil not update yet.

Posts(1062) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 8, 2018 3:18 PM Reply

the forums is stil not update yet.

First, the forum hasn't worked properly since it was last updated!

Second, why are you seriously disabling the site by doing a half-baked job of updating it? Whose idea was it to update just part of the site at once, to make different parts not work with each other, and to not tell your customers what was actually going on? What is going on? Is the IT department trying to get fired?

Remembering 30 years.

Page 2 of 4
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere