Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

The "Review" link is gone!

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, December 11, 2018 12:31 AM Reply

WTF?

Am I crazy? There are new reviews posted on Dec 3rd, but I could find no way to make a review on product pages. When I clicked on the thimbnail of the 1st new review, I got a 404 error page. If I'm not crazy, than the only explanation I can think of is that DX is writing it's own reviews.

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12566) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, December 11, 2018 3:51 AM Reply

Its own reviews. Maybe they're just backlogged reviews finally being approved en masse.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24946) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, December 11, 2018 10:39 AM Reply

desolder's first post was on Dec 1. How could someone have written a review after that if the link was already gone?

Do you think DX used unposted reviews and just changed the dates? Why would they do that?

Ask them.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, December 11, 2018 11:20 AM Reply

When I clicked on the thimbnail ...

You've been Dvoraked! I have the I and U keys swapped. It's the only change to the standard Dvorak keyboard that makes a significant (though small) difference to typing efficiency.

I just thought the "posting" date would be the date they were approved, which explains why there are gaps in the "posted" dates, such as nothing between 15 and 27 Nov, but many on those dates.

Remembering 30 years.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, December 21, 2018 10:57 PM Reply

Can someone explain how sku.476639 has been reviewed even though it's on page 5 of new arrivals? At most it could only have been listed 3~4 days ago. 

The reviewer must be in the witness protection program since his/her name isn't posted. I can't help wonder if his/her initials are D X?

Btw, click on the (1 vote) link right below the title or the "Reviews" link just below the "Related Products" images or you won't find the "review" at all.

Ask them.

post edited by gasbag11 on 12/21/2018 at 11:10 PM
  • desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 22, 2018 2:40 AM Reply

Apparently you can still post reviews at VolumeRate. I just submitted a review for sku.535268 so we'll find out soon enough if it gets approved.

What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7073) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 22, 2018 4:36 AM Reply

Do you see a mismatch of the thumbnails to the large pics for sku.535268?

Remembering 30 years.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 22, 2018 6:30 AM Reply

Yep, none are the same. 

Ask them.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, February 4, 2019 11:25 PM Reply

@desolder.

If you're still interested, I was checking prices on  sku.39584 when I tried clicking on the reviews (votes) link just under the title. There was a "Write Review" button there now. Same for another item, but I don't know if that goes for everything or not. 

Dam. I forgot to see if the "Discussions" feature is back. I'll post back here if it is.

EDIT - I forgot to mention the clicking on that button gives a pop up telling you to sign in. I was too afraid to do that.  lol

Oh and nope. No "Discussions".

RE-EDIT - There are still no reviews posted from Dec. 3. I don't know if it actually works now or nobody knows it's there/never tried to review anything.

Here's your chance for fame and glory. Be the very first person to post a review in 2019. :)

Ask them.

post edited by gasbag11 on 2/4/2019 at 11:46 PM
  • desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, February 5, 2019 8:05 AM Reply

Thanks for the heads up gasbag11! I see the Write Review button for sku.535268 too. However I don't see the review I wrote over on VolumeRate. I guess I'll have to re-submit it on dx.com.

What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7073) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 3 of 4
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere