Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Q & A)
Q & A

I received another item

• fahrenheit451 Thursday, December 13, 2018 10:13 PM Reply

I ordered the product SKU: 588690; but I received the product SKU 588680; but I do not know where to write DX; the products are similar, but I really wanted the SKU 588690. What is the procedure now? What arrangement can I find?

588680-m.jpg

Posts(8) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, December 14, 2018 12:59 AM Reply

You'll have to make a ticket to get authorization to return it. DX is very backed up now and it will probably take a month or so to get a reply. (DO NOT add anything to the ticket before DX replies or it will go to the back of the queue and you'll start waiting all over again) Then you'll have to mail it back to them. Once they get it, they'll refund your shipping fee and resend the new light.

Due to all the delays there now (new site, Christmas, etc.), expect the entire process to take somewhere arounf 3 months. 

If you don't mind me asking, how many LEDs does the light you received have? The description said you can choose from 3 ~ 18 LEDs, yet I saw no way to choose the amount on it's page.

Also, what did you like better about the other one?  I kinda like lights with side switches better than ones with tail switches. 

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12557) | Reviews | Tip post

• fahrenheit451 Saturday, December 15, 2018 12:54 AM Reply

Thanks gasbag11 for the answer.
    I arrived with three LEDs; I will open a ticked but I think it is not beneficial if I send it back; from Italy, send this flashlight to China, it costs more than 40 dollars and even if DX were to reimburse them, it is not advantageous for DX.
    I think I only ask for a discount for the purchase of the other flashlight and to keep this too.
    This flashlight has two delicate points: it has the side protruding plastic button and the opening for the USB port; the other one, the one I ordered, is more resistant; it has no weak opening and the tail button is protected by an edge.
    I also think that the flashlight I wanted, comes from a 2011 project of the TR-3T6 and has a module with the three LEDs, very robust even in the driver.
    However, the flashlight that came to me will not end in a drawer; the side button is practical and you can press with the thumb while the hand holds the whole torch

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 15, 2018 5:09 AM Reply

it will probably take a month or so to get a reply

That's the sort of delay that leads to charge-backs on credit cards.

I ordered the product sku.588690 ; but I received the product sku.588680 ;

And yet there's a 588690 on the box, so whoever packed the order had so chance of knowing the product was wrong.

I see that sku.588690 has a fake IP code with a negative number (added to the list) and the description claims 3800 lm from three XM-L LEDs so the brand lies about the lumens too (added to that list as well). Aren't there better brands to aim for, gasbag11?

http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1483369 

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24930) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 15, 2018 5:13 AM Reply

The photos for sku.588690 and sku.599580 both show they have counterfeit LEDs (added to yet another of those lists). I think a full refund is called for. DX is selling deliberately deceptive products which are not what they are claimed to be.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24930) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by sheepish on 12/15/2018 at 5:13 AM
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 15, 2018 8:45 AM Reply

Aren't there better brands to aim for, gasbag11?

Of course there are better brands, but fahrenheit451 already received this one and never asked for suggestions before ordering. At least not that I'm aware of. 

Also many of the name brand "torches" can be 4 ~ 5 times the price of this one. Not many people want to spend that much money on a flashlight. 

Convoy makes very good lights, (with specs that are far more truthful than this and other cheap brands) that are competitive in price to this one, but right now DX doesn't have many styles left in stock.

Btw fahrenheit451, if you're sure you don't want to use the USB port, just glue the plug in with some Krazy glue or something and cut the little connecting strap off so it doesn't catch on something. I have no suggestions for protecting the switch button though. 

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12557) | Reviews | Tip post

• Alisa-Deng @DX Staff @DX Staff Saturday, December 22, 2018 5:18 PM Reply

Hello @fahrenheit451

Could you please tell us the order number, then we can check for you.

Posts(1042) | Reviews | Tip post

• fahrenheit451 Saturday, December 22, 2018 9:35 PM Reply

Thank you for your interest: the order is the N °: 181114001034591072 of 11/14/2018 hours about 01:13

• Alisa-Deng @DX Staff @DX Staff Wednesday, February 27, 2019 11:36 AM Reply

@fahrenheit451

Ok, our CS will contact you for your issue, please check your mail box later.

Posts(1042) | Reviews | Tip post

Q & A

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere