Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Want a refund, but DX won't respond

• Charlie_Clutch Saturday, December 15, 2018 7:52 AM Reply

Hello all,

I put an order in on 7/26/18 but never received it. I was very patient (for probably too long). Both the United States Postal Service and DX have been incredibly unhelpful at providing any information.

As the product has not been received, I'd like a refund. I asked DX how I can initiate this process (as I don't think it is an RMA, as I have no product to actually return.) However, I asked about 3ish weeks ago and am yet to get a response.

Maybe the community can help -- what steps do I go about to get a refund?

Thank you,

Charlie

Posts(8) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 15, 2018 4:09 PM Reply

The first step was to open a ticket (Item Not Delivered would be the appropriate type), which it sounds like you have done. But @gasbag11 mentioned earlier today that DX is taking about a month (!) to respond to tickets at present. If that's true, that's completely unacceptable @Alisa-Deng. It's very sad that unacceptable delays in ticket responses have been DX's normal practice since May.

Charlie, because you never received the order, if you paid by credit card you should look into making a charge-back. I did something similar when another shop stopped responding to me.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24898) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 15, 2018 10:14 PM Reply

Hello Charlie.  :)

sheepish mentioned making a charge-back for a credit card. You can also start a dispute if you used paypal, but only for 6 months.

I'd suggest editing your post above (with the pencil icon, lower right corner) and adding your order # to it. sheepish "called" Alisa-Deng (DX staff) but she might not reply for a day or 2. It's the weekend there now.

Btw, the reason USPS is not helpful is because the pkg belongs to DX (or whatever site you ordered from) until it's delivered to you, so they (and most other postal systems) will only work with the shipper.

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12525) | Reviews | Tip post

• Charlie_Clutch Sunday, December 16, 2018 3:46 AM Reply

Thank you both for your responses -- I didn't think about doing a charge-back. I have always had the company respond and handle the issue when a product wasn't received. As they have stopped responding to me (or are taking far too long to be acceptable), I have just gone to my credit card company.

Gasbag -- That is actually the other part that makes me upset with DX. I asked them multiple times to contact USPS so that they could help on my behalf -- they essentially did nothing. I would provide them with information, and their response would be repeating back the information I gave them.

Again, thank you both -- you have been helpful :)

Posts(8) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, December 16, 2018 5:39 AM Reply

I hope you can get it sorted out soon.

Remembering 30 years.

• Zertax Sunday, December 16, 2018 8:38 PM Reply

Im in a similar situation, however dx i responding but is telling me to provide a offical document from a local postoffice that i have never recived the item, but no postoffice ive talked to can provide that so im stuck. Dx wont provide me with where it was delivered or which swedish caririer was used so i have no way of finding out where it is. The tracking i have on it is also really poor, does not even state that the package arrived in sweden, but still says delivered 13 days after it was sent which is alot shorter than usual dx delivery times. Don't know what to do next have been trying to talk to them for over 2 months not but getting nowhere. What should i do?

Tracking: TYPQZOO00139273

Posts(9) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, December 16, 2018 9:55 PM Reply

What should i do?

First off, you should have started your own thread and not hi-jack someone elses's, but DX doesn't seem to care about doing things properly anymore, so....

@Alisa-Deng  vv

Why does your customer service staff keep telling customers to ask their local postal system for info about packages? Postal systems will only provide info to the shipper and not to the customer. After over 10 years, DX has certainly been shipping things long enough to know that. 

Have CS staff suddenly gotten stupid, or are they stalling for time by asking customers to do things that only DX can do?

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12525) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gasbag11 on 12/16/2018 at 10:03 PM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, December 17, 2018 4:49 AM Reply

After over 10 years, DX has certainly been shipping things long enough to know that.

I first bought from DX more than 11.5 years ago. In that time DX staff have asked me several times (more often more recently) to ask the local post office where a package is, and each time I've sent the staff member to the Post Office website which says the sender has to enquire. I don't know if it's a specific lack of training that hasn't been addressed in years, or a deliberate stalling tactic.

Remembering 30 years.

• Alisa-Deng @DX Staff @DX Staff Thursday, December 20, 2018 5:55 PM Reply

Hello @Charlie_Clutch

Could you please tell me the order number.

Posts(996) | Reviews | Tip post

• Alisa-Deng @DX Staff @DX Staff Thursday, December 20, 2018 5:59 PM Reply

Hello @Zertax

Sorry for the inconvenience caused  you, I have requested our logistic team member and post office to further investigate this issue. As soon as we receive feedback, we will let you know immediately.

Posts(996) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 5
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere