Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Feedback)
Feedback

Mini 720 x 480 Camera Glasses keep turning off

• kimmyh51 Friday, January 25, 2019 6:41 PM Reply

Just wondering if anyone has any of these? (sku 460760)

I was given a pair of these and am having a problem with the camera turning off not long after its started recording.  I have only had it 3 days.

Its fully charged (charged overnight)

It has a 16GB memory card in it with over 12GB spare - its not running out of space

This is what happens:

I turn it on to standby, start a video recording, the light flashes several times then starts to record, as expected.

After a minute or so, it appears to stop recording and turn off completely.  I am not sure when it stops, but when I press the button to stop it recording, it shoul flash to indicate its stopped recording, then stay on, to indicae standby. instead it will do nothing, and when I long-press it will turn it on...ie its switched itself off. the video that was recorded prior to shutting off is usually on the card, but a couple of times it must have shut off straight away as I went through the process to record video (turned onto standby, pressed record button, light flashed as if starting to record etc) but found no files on the card afterward.  

After this happens, i can turn it back on into standby, start a new recording, take a photo etc, but the same thing happens.  sometimes it goes a while then shuts off, othertimes it only nrecords a few seconds then turns off.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?  It records a short video ok, then just switches off. i have also noticed that when in standby it also will turn off after only maybe 30seconds or less if not used.

When I first got it, I charged it for about 2-3 hrs by plugging it into a usb ac charger (not a pc) then took a couple of short ideos to test it. then I took it home, and took a couple more videos, and it did the first oke ok, then started shutting off.

I figured the battery was getting low and so I put it on charge. it was charged for about 12-18 hrs via the usb port on two different laptops (one while I was reviewing the ideos I had taken, and a different pc overnight, which should have been more than enough surely?

Also sometimes it shuts off right after I press to record and records nothing.

to me these seem like low battery symptoms, but I dont see how the battery could be low.

also as the colors on the indicator light dont match up to the instructions anyway (and most of the instructions are in english so bad it makes no sense at all) so I dont know if there is anything the indicator light would do to show that its flat.... The parts of the instruction booklet that were not complete nonsence, referred to a blue indicator light flashing or glowing consistently etc in different situations, and the indicator light did what the instructions said it would but it was red, ie when switching it on it will glow a blue light with a little bit of red as well, then in standby it is a steady red light. when i push for 2 seconds to start video recording, it flashes a red light several times then the light stops. then if i stop recording before the thing turns off, i press the button once and the light returns to a solid red light...

anyone ho has used these - your experience would be appreciated, whether its to say that you had the same problem, or you didnt, or whether the red light is what you saw when recording.

the couple of times it didnt turn off but recorded until I stoppedit (a few mins) the light was red not blue then as well.

I have a large flock of rescued ducks who often do hilarious things when I am feeding them or cleaning their houses, and dont have time or free hands to hold a normal camera, so was given these so I could record while feeding and cleaning (the plan to then later edit out any fun video for my facebook/fundraiser page, but for the glasses to be useful for this they need to stay ON after I start the recording.    I also feel like this problem might be difficult to clearly communicate via email to dx.support due to our different native languages

does anyone have any ideas?

Posts(35) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Feedback)
Feedback

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere