Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Feedback)
Feedback

Terrible inventory management and customer service

• TC19x Friday, March 15, 2019 3:46 AM Reply

Hey DX,

I'm really frustrated and disappointed with you.

More than two months ago I placed an order for a dozen or so items.  Quickly, the order status went to "shipment processing".  I waited and I waited.  I've been a customer for 10 years and I know I have to be patient.  I checked my order details - there were no problems noted.  I downloaded the invoice - all items noted, no issues, "shipment processing" status shown in the header.

About two weeks ago I sent a message to DX inquiring about the delay. 

Six (SIX!) days later DX responds:  "Hi, I am so sorry for the late response. Currently we are awaiting the restock of XXXXXX , so your order is temporarily being held. We have to wait until the goods are all ready to be shipped and have already contacted the relevant personnel to see when the goods will arrive. If you still do not receive our response after 7 days ,we suggest to cancel this order or send the rest of the product. Thanks for your patience and support."

That SKU isn't even listed in my order.  What the heck?  I checked for every single item in my oder, and all of them were still purchasable.  Digging deeper, I logged into the "old" DX site https://my.dx.com to see if I could learn anything more.  Only my old orders are listed there.  However, I discovered that the old tracking page https://my.dx.com/order-tracking works anyway if you enter the new order number.  The tracking history for my order includes an entry "One or more of your items are temporarily out of stock" just ONE MINUTE after I placed my order.  It doesn't say which item(s).  Similarly, the old site let me download my invoice https://my.dx.com/MyOrders/Invoice/(order#) .  This invoice also shows all the items I ordered but notes "BackOrder" inthe header without referencing which item(s) are not in stock.

At the time I placed my order, the item appeared (to me) to be in stock.  It really was not.  When your system did it's processing, it found an item to be out of stock.  I recieved NO notification about this.

I responded to DX that same day, asking them to send the rest of the order, ASAP.

The next day I get this update:  "Hi, I am so sorry for the late response and sorry to inform. you that XXXXXX is temporarily sold out. We suggest you not to wait for the restock of the item because we cannot estimate when it will restock. And our system is being upgraded, we can't change the order information temporarily. If you want to change the product, we suggest you to re-order. So we canceled your order and refunded your money at 2019-03-08 0. Please check your account to confirm, hope you will understand, thanks."

Well no, DX, I don't understand.  You suggested "send the rest of the product" and that's what I asked for in my reply.  Why are you cancelling?  I wait to see the oder cancellation and refund, which doesn't happen.

Four days later:  "Please ignore the previous message! We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We have removed and refunded the SKU XXXXXX that cannot be delivered. Please check your account to confirm. Your parcel is already in picking and will be sent within these two days. Please be patient, thank you."

WTH?  Who am I supposed to believe now?  Also, it's been 3 business days since this latest message, and there is still no order cancellation or refund, partial or full.  The order status still looks the same as it did two months ago.

DX, your systems are seriously messed up.

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• Alisa-Deng @DX Staff @DX Staff Thursday, March 21, 2019 5:25 PM Reply

Hi @TC19x

We truly apologize for any inconvenience caused. Could you please tell me the order number you have problem with, then I can check for you.

Posts(785) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Feedback)
Feedback

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere