Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Store Credit

• hdefilippis Monday, March 25, 2019 8:21 AM Reply

I've been trying to buy this https://www.dx.com/p/2612688, and i've been trying to find a way to use my store credit to pay part of it to no avail. I can't seem to find the option in checkout, just pay via credit card or paypal. I've checked this guide https://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1167417 but it seems to be quite outdated. Help please?

Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

• Alisa-Deng @DX Staff @DX Staff Tuesday, March 26, 2019 11:28 AM Reply

Hi @hdefilippis

If you want to use SC to pay, the order total balance must equal to or less than the SC balance in your account, or else there is no Store Credit payment option. Also please note that you just can use the SC to make a full payment  for the order, can't use SC to make a partial payment.

Posts(1042) | Reviews | Tip post

• hdefilippis Tuesday, March 26, 2019 1:16 PM Reply

Why can't I use it for partial payment? You even have a guide which tells you you can do that!

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:37 PM Reply

Hi @hdefilippis

If you want to use SC to pay, the order total balance must equal to or less than the SC balance in your account, or else there is no Store Credit payment option. Also please note that you just can use the SC to make a full payment  for the order, can't use SC to make a partial payment.

WHAT? 

Store credit is the CUSTOMER'S money and should be  used any way the customer wants. Not allowing the customer to use it is no different than theft. 

I've seen a lot of questionable things here over the last year or so, a lot bullsh*t and lies regarding product descriptions, but this is in a class by itself. 

There are a lot of Chinese sites that lie and have B.S. in their specs, but I've never heard of one that won't let a customer use store credit as they please. 

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12555) | Reviews | Tip post

• hdefilippis Wednesday, March 27, 2019 2:56 AM Reply

Let's find some kind of workaround then, Is there any way to add some more store credit to my account?

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, March 27, 2019 5:31 AM Reply

If you want to use SC to pay, the order total balance must equal to or
    less than the SC balance in your account, or else there is no Store
    Credit payment option. Also please note that you just can use the SC to
    make a full payment  for the order, can't use SC to make a partial
    payment.

That is so crazy I'm having trouble believing you really meant to write that.

Store credit is the CUSTOMER'S money and should be used any way the customer wants.

I fully agree. It's unacceptable that partial payments using store credit are not allowed.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24930) | Reviews | Tip post

• Alisa-Deng @DX Staff @DX Staff Wednesday, March 27, 2019 3:21 PM Reply

@hdefilippis

It didn't support to use SC to make a partial payment in the new station, and we are sorry to tell you that it can't add store credit to your account, please accept our apology for the inconvenience cause you by this.

Posts(1042) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, March 27, 2019 5:19 PM Reply

It didn't support to use SC to make a partial payment in the new station,

What is this "it", and is this what the site upgrade has amounted to? Lots and lots of bugs, and fundamental features which are now disabled!?

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24930) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, March 27, 2019 9:39 PM Reply

What is this "it", and is this what the site upgrade has amounted to? Lots and lots of bugs, and fundamental features which are now disabled!?

I'm not convinced that all those bugs were unintentional. If a site appears to be so badly run that bugs aren't being fixed, than a "little thing" like not allowing customers to use the store credit that "DX owes them" will probably be seen as another bug they can't fix because they're so inept.  

I also believe that's why product descriptions have gotten so bad. Because they don't want people to know how bad (or old) some of the crap being sold here now is. 

I'm ashamed to say it, but over the 7 years I've been a customer here, I've defended DX in the forums many, many times when people called them thieves. I'll never be able to do that again. 

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12555) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere