Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Web site allows to DELETE already shipped order

• aissacf Saturday, November 30, 2019 5:53 AM Reply

Hi, 

The Android App is fine, and does not a slow the user to delete an already placed and shipped order. 

However, while accessing DX from a web browser, under MY Account, I was looking at my orders and scrolling down with my finger (using Chrome Android), and

By mistake I hit "delete order" 

On one of my recently shipped orders. 

Bang! THE ORDER IS GONE

THERE IS NOT EVEN A CONFIRMATION MESSAGE like "are you sure?". 

Thanks the heavens, I have the shipment email

But I can't even remember what I ordered on that particular order number. Which will be a nuisance when I have to declare duties and pay taxes 

So, that begs the question: what is the point if showing a "delete order" link on already billed and shipped orders? Why would anyone want to delete their own orders? 

I can understand deleting canceled orders. But shipped orders? Blows the mind.... 

Please tell me there is a way to put that order back into my account listing, and that you will place at least a confirmation question before deleting anything. 

Thanks in advance! 

Posts(25) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, November 30, 2019 10:48 PM Reply

Please tell me there is a way to put that order back into my account listing, and that you will place at least a confirmation question before deleting anything. 

I wouldn't know if they can put that order back into your account, or if they'd even bother if they could, but as far as adding a confirm deletion option, forget it. 

dx no longer does helpful things for their customers, or much of anything at all unless it's of benefit to them. And they have proven that they have no concern at all about fixing any of the dozens of site bugs that have been here for years now.

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12577) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gasbag11 on 11/30/2019 at 10:49 PM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, December 1, 2019 5:52 AM Reply

I was looking at my orders and scrolling down with my finger (using Chrome Android), and

By mistake I hit "delete order" 

On one of my recently shipped orders. 

Bang! THE ORDER IS GONE

Using a cellphone touchscreen I know how easy it is to click on things while trying to scroll or scroll when trying to click on things. So I have to ask...

Why is that even a feature!?

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24957) | Reviews | Tip post

• aissacf Sunday, December 1, 2019 1:45 PM Reply

Agree with you, sheepish. 

I would understand an option to delete unpaid

Expired or canceled orders. 

But deleting shipped orders makes no sense. 

Posts(25) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Monday, December 2, 2019 6:45 PM Reply

just an idea, i'm not game to delete one of my orders to test this, but maybe if you still have the order confirmation email, right click and copy link on an existing order, paste in new window or tab but subsitute order number from deleted order, does deleted order come up?

Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11866) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere