Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Lasers)
Lasers

New regulations for United States Laser orders

• raindy @DX Staff @DX Staff Monday, August 18, 2008 10:53 PM Reply
    The following information relates to United States customers and USA orders only. Other customers may ignore this thread.

New USA government (FDA) regulations enforced by PayPal are now in effect affecting USA Customers who have recently purchased lasers greater than 5mW (excluding 5mW) and USA customers who plan to purchase lasers greater than 5mW.

Due to new regulations enforced by the US FDA and PayPal, orders of lasers units greater than 5mW shipped to the United States are no longer accepted. Orders of 5mW or less is still accepted and unaffected by this regulation. If you are located in the United States, it is legally required that you DO NOT order lasers greater than 5mW.

For United States customers who have placed orders for such items, if your order is not yet shipped, it will be fully refund with a few days. Customers waiting for replacements please contact us: http://services.dealextreme.com/form/ordertracking.aspx.

Update: We have just received the new information that order lasers under the United States Paypal Account and Credit Card also no longer accepted, so please do not place an order for the lasers greater than 5mW if your paypal account or credit card is from United States, even it intents send to another place.
    Got Questions? Use CS Express: http://services.dealextreme.com/

Product Requests: http://www.dealextreme.com/feedbacks/productrequest.dx
    Posts(889) | Reviews | Tip post

cyclist edited thread settings on 7/6/2015 at 7:48 PM
  • frills Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, August 18, 2008 10:56 PM Reply
    So who's up for founding a worldwide online payment portal that minds its own business?
    Posts(3318) | Reviews | Tip post

• begee08 Monday, August 18, 2008 10:59 PM Reply
    +1 (I reckon paypal will do the same for Aust. since we have similar laws)
    DX is bad for my productivity at work...
    I'm from Perth, Western Australia
    Klaatu barada nikto!
    Posts(897) | Reviews | Tip post

• gaxx85 Monday, August 18, 2008 11:07 PM Reply
    @begee08

Nah they wouldnt

PayPal only cares about the US first, and us here in Au get ignored....

Still, this provides an easy answer to the threads that keep popping up.
    In Vic, Australia
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Supergaxx
    ^^ My Youtube, with mostly DX reviews.
    Posts(1015) | Reviews | Tip post

• begee08 Tuesday, August 19, 2008 12:52 AM Reply
    @gaxx85

Indeed.

I forgot we are just a backwater at the other end of the world and don't matter. :)

How foolish of me!

(Although I can't wait to see a laser parcel from Dx show up on "Border Security"!)
    DX is bad for my productivity at work...
    I'm from Perth, Western Australia
    Klaatu barada nikto!
    Posts(897) | Reviews | Tip post

• NoMoHoe Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:31 AM Reply
    Is this for all laser products such as modules and raw laser diodes or just pointers?
    Posts(21) | Reviews | Tip post

• NoMoHoe Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:32 AM Reply
    Is this for all laser products such as modules and raw laser diodes or just pointers?
    Posts(21) | Reviews | Tip post

• Tokudai Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:57 AM Reply
    Blech - I just ordered the 200mw red on 8/16 too, plus I have a couple of 30mw greens on the way..

Wish me luck! =P
    Posts(30) | Reviews | Tip post

• dimeybage Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:50 AM Reply
    paypal dont realy have anything to do with this.
    5mw is a girly laser anyway, i think atleast 30mw should be legal.
    im in australia and im an astronomer, my 5mw laser which didnt have a vissible beam (unless looking down beam)broke, i was going to buy a 30mw but i guess i cant.
    but maybe it was my 5mw laser, maybe it was only outputing 2mw, well i cant own a 5mw so to bad for me.

before the ban i was very careful not to let it go near anyone, screw that now. its like if your a kid at school and you want to be an astronuat and you put everything into it and then you realise, im never going to space, il be a drug addict musician instead! not sterotyping, just an example.
    Posts(88) | Reviews | Tip post

• Hakan_G Moderator Tuesday, August 19, 2008 6:01 AM Reply
    I'm not part of DX Staff, only a forum moderator. My comments are my own
    views and might not reflect the views of DX.
    Got Questions for DX? Use CS Express: http://services.dealextreme.com/
    Posts(15340) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 15
Go to Page:
Lasers

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere