Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Computer)
Computer

Looking for a good portable NES player

• peba0706 Friday, August 22, 2008 5:41 AM Reply
    Hi guys. I've been browsing all over the net everywhere, and didn't find a great player for NES (or maybe SNES) games. The cheap ones play the games sluggish, the expensive ones disappeared, or I can't buy them anywhere. May I ask you to suggest me players which has good NES support? Thanks
    Posts(24) | Reviews | Tip post

• E_Man Friday, August 22, 2008 6:04 AM Reply
    Either the Nintendo DS or the Sony PSP have the ability to run homebrew. The PSP definitely will play the newer systems (snes, genesis...) better than the DS. If it's just NES games, got for the DS.

I know this may not be what you mean, but buying a cheap system is like drinking dirty water, there's so much more potential, and it's all illegal.
    Just a crazed DX fan spending too much money
    --$1545 and change in a year
    Posts(787) | Reviews | Tip post

• Fraxz Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:18 AM Reply
    Use your mobile! (Portable , always around you , easy to be used!)

I suggest VNES as one of the well known NES Emulator for symbian (Also works fine on J2ME phones) , there are other emulators and this including all smartphones i tried :)
    Posts(28) | Reviews | Tip post

• joeXX Sunday, January 25, 2009 4:36 PM Reply
    For SNES try snes9x at www.snes9x.com. NES try Nestopia at http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nes/nestopia.html. If they dont run fast enough mod the source code.
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• drmadcow Sunday, February 8, 2009 9:49 PM Reply
    for something cheaper from DX theres always this:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12127

theres games for it too and its got a TV out but idk about 2 player option but niether does PSP or DS and this is cheaper but idk when you'll get it.

its got nes games and some other classic good ones
    Posts(71) | Reviews | Tip post

• louislitt Wednesday, January 31, 2018 3:02 PM Reply

That's a really good one, but I'm afraid they are quite outdated. Have a look at this list of nes emulator. They have listed all the updated ones as of 2018.

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• andythegamer666 Tuesday, May 22, 2018 12:38 AM Reply

Hey! 

I've also been looking for some good player to dive into my NES games and play it smarter than before. I've been into the forums of https://epsonsupports.net/ finding a link but didn't get such helpful answers. Thank you guys. Now I'll bring my childhood back again...

Thanks..

Andy..

• sterlingv Wednesday, October 31, 2018 12:22 PM Reply

PSP is always the clear winner in this. A Vita can do everything a PSP can do, has a nicer screen, and more options.

«Reply to this thread (in Computer)
Computer

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere