Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

the card reader looks like poor quality :(

• cherryblossom Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:57 PM Reply
    the new card reader looks like poor quality, and looks like the one for the edge cards ds boo and it huge compared to the old one judging from the pics
    Posts(70) | Reviews | Tip post

• 54321 Tuesday, September 30, 2008 8:06 PM Reply
    I don’t see a point of opening a new post for such kind of comment. There is option without reader, and there are lots of readers too.

Posts(3150) | Reviews | Tip post

• TomySakazaki Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:06 PM Reply
    I think that the microSDHC reader in the photos is included by DealExtreme in the package, if you check the acekard site you will see that there isn't any photo showing microSD readers in the annoucement about AceKard 2.1.
    Posts(16) | Reviews | Tip post

• 54321 Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:34 PM Reply

Posts(3150) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by 54321 on 9/30/2008 at 9:43 PM
  • denyfate Wednesday, October 1, 2008 11:02 AM Reply
    .. but it is $7 cheaper.. so can't complain too much
    and yea like the person above me said.. I think DX is bundling this themselves now rather then Acekard providing the USB card reader

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6277
    Posts(23) | Reviews | Tip post

• vcbc707 Sunday, October 26, 2008 8:42 PM Reply
    love, these new card readers, the ones that come with the acekard 2 tip is made of plastic, and is weak. It also doesnt get dected by the front usb port on my computer, but does on the back. I have had like about 7 of the old acekard 2 before, n the readers all failed becuse the pins that reads the card get bent.

THe new ones are bigger, but it seems faster n works better imo.
    Posts(285) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere