Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Q & A)
Q & A

How to Bulkrate

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, May 30, 2009 2:38 AM Reply
    If you look a little further down there's a button to Remove the BULKRATE coupon. It doesn't remove it hence it is a bug. QED. Would you mind putting the lean on Kyle?

Edit: Correction, it removes the Bulkrate pricing but not the Bulkrate shipping charge. I still say it doesn't work as it should.

Edit 2: PS. The existence of a workaround doesn't mean it isn't a bug.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24931) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by sheepish on 5/30/2009 at 2:42 AM
  • Hakan_G Moderator Saturday, May 30, 2009 3:04 AM Reply
    LOL,
    I had forgotten about that coupon button :)
    I have never used it ...
    I'm not part of DX Staff, only a forum moderator. My comments are my own
    views and might not reflect the views of DX.
    Got Questions for DX? Use CS Express: http://services.dealextreme.com/
    Posts(15340) | Reviews | Tip post

• Ghlargh Sunday, May 31, 2009 10:34 AM Reply
    I would say that the act of adding bulk rate to an order and then removing it is an un-necessary action that does not accomplish anything, and could therefore be called a bug. :D
    Posts(3622) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, May 31, 2009 5:02 PM Reply
    LOL. On the contrary, sir, it's most definitely necessary at DX because it allows us to figure out what the price is actually going to be with or without it. Mind you, when the total is not what was expected it's normally in our favour by a small amount, probably due to rounding for the Bulkrate prices.

Another reason to do it is that it allows us to compensate for those items where the Bulkrate/3 price is, say, 9 cents more expensive than the non Bulkrate price, by reverting to the non Bulkrate prices again. I came across one of those yesterday. I'd say that was another bug but that's another issue.
    Remembering 30 years.

• Shizbay Monday, June 1, 2009 5:55 PM Reply
    Hi
    I was just wondering where all the throwing knives and ninja stars have gone? They do not sell them anymore.

Thanks
    Rob
    Posts(9) | Reviews | Tip post

• hagaik Friday, July 3, 2009 10:48 AM Reply
    How do I remove the 'enable bulk rate' ???
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, July 3, 2009 5:42 PM Reply
    As previously stated in this thread, to remove the bulk rate pricing you click the button to remove the Bulkrate coupon, and to then remove the $1.70 Bulkrate shipping charge you need to remove everything in your shopping cart.
    Remembering 30 years.

• guppeeh Wednesday, August 12, 2009 8:49 AM Reply
    Thanks Sheepish. I came across this bug yesterday while trying to order a bunch of itmes, including a CREE flashlight sku.26798. It's $9.99/ea and when I tried to bulkrate it to 3 items, it shot to $10.87. Unless it's a bug, that really defeats the purpose of quantity discounts.

So I cancelled my order. Just thought DX should look into this now because they're losing business as a result.
    Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, August 12, 2009 3:47 PM Reply
    I've been thinking of getting one of those too, to see how it compares to the one mode version I got last week (sku.18697).

I don't think the pricing is a bug, if that's what you're referring to. Sure, it's not very clear at all what each item costs, but that's because of how they're doing it, and how they've chosen to display the results. They work out those prices quite separately from the individual item pricing.

Anyway, I make the final price $9.56 each, which is even less than the stated $9.64 3-up price, which is less than the $9.99 individual price. After adding the $1.70 bulkrate cost the total comes to more than 3 times the individual price which sadly means bulkrate doesn't work out favourably for that item until you get 5 of them. If you were getting other bulkrate items you would be sharing the $1.70 cost across them all, so it would be economic to get 3 then.
    Remembering 30 years.

• Yaimano Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:19 PM Reply
    It's a pretty terrible "missing feature" that you can't remove the $1.70 shipping thing when you remove the coupon.

I innocently clicked the vague "Enable BULKRATE prices" button to see how it would affect my order, I thought it might ensure all my items would be sent together. Now I find out it's just for multiples of the same item which I don't have, and I have to remove every item in my cart and readd them all to get rid of it. Fail.
    Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 2 of 5
Go to Page:
Q & A

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere