Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Lock Picks)
Lock Picks

Your first experience with lockpicking

• Toshin Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:54 AM Reply
    Hi guys and gals!
    Let us know about your first experience with lockpicking. Tell us your story from receiving your lockpick set to succeeding to unlock a lock with it. In your story you can also mention your problem that prevents you from your success to open the lock with the lockpicking tools.
    Share your happy or not so happy experience with others ;D.
    (No limit of words, so, feel free to post as many words as you like)

I am looking forward to your story and happy lockpicking!!!
    Posts(13) | Reviews | Tip post

• avester Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:01 AM Reply
    As I posted in the other thread, I picked my first lock 2 minutes ago :D

Cheap chinese "Tri-Circle" 4-disk lock, 20 seconds.

The tension wrench tool that came with the 9-pick pack is way too big for smaller padlocks, so I had to make a tension wrench out of an hairpin.

I just bent it 90 degrees and with a dremel made it thin enough.
    As it is quite flexible steel, and doesn't bend in a bad way, it's good for tension wrenches.

DX should get some tension wrenches?

Posts(623) | Reviews | Tip post

• Toshin Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:41 PM Reply
    >.< I can't wait anymore to get my set... It will take more than 2 weeks I guess, since the status is still on "Waiting for Supplier".

• avester Friday, October 17, 2008 3:26 AM Reply
    Well I'm glad that I didn't cancel my order and rebuy to get the new, lowered price :D

9 days backordered :/

Posts(623) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by avester on 10/17/2008 at 3:27 AM
  • Toshin Friday, October 17, 2008 5:36 AM Reply
    OMG backordered! I canceled mine to get it for a lower price... now I regret it T.T *sob*

• Catalyst Friday, October 17, 2008 11:45 PM Reply
    Mine wasn't with any proper pick, it was with a home-made one. On a Padlock i had laying around, thought i'd give it a shot. I used a screwdriver as the tension wrench =P Was difficult but it worked haha

Posts(382) | Reviews | Tip post

• mr_hanky Saturday, October 18, 2008 5:51 AM Reply
    Mine was as a kid i got one of those pathetic padlocks from a christmas cracker, I lost the keys very quickly so i figured out where the single catch to unlock it was and used a bent paper clip :P

Have picked the lock on someones house when they got locked out before, though I had to improvise with bits of wire and a screwdriver, took over 45 minutes to do too.
    Insert Signature Here:
    Posts(1435) | Reviews | Tip post

• Catalyst Saturday, October 18, 2008 6:10 AM Reply
    I used windows =P

Posts(382) | Reviews | Tip post

• maersk Saturday, October 18, 2008 8:10 AM Reply
    Picked a lot of locks, just for fun. Old worn out 5 pins dorlocks is fairly easy. New 6 pins is impossible. I also have a lockpick gun, which works ok allso. But even professional "pickers", dont open all locks. Often they drill it out.
    But resently I found out, that if you make a bumpkey, it makes MUCH easier access. The bumpkey lifts all pins at once, but on the downside you need a key, that fits the lock and make it the lowest setting possible.
    But after 5 trys on a brand new 6 pin lock, I even impressed a locksmith, that thought is was impossible.
    /Mads
    Posts(25) | Reviews | Tip post

• Tornet17 Monday, November 10, 2008 8:13 AM Reply
    Hello , I just have make a order for 9 pick set, any1 here have ordered that before ?.. how long time will it take ?, It's very cheap i, 5 USD and free shipping over the world :O, how can that realy works ?..
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Lock Picks)
Lock Picks

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere