Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

legal in canada?

• lawlers Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:16 PM Reply
    i'm assuming that solid knives with no moveable parts will get past customs fine?
    Posts(31) | Reviews | Tip post

• 54321 Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:20 PM Reply
    Shouldn't have any problem.

Posts(3150) | Reviews | Tip post

• andrade4 Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:22 PM Reply
    yup, you'll be fine
    ===========
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dx4lover
    ^Lots of DX reviews
    Vancouver,Canada
    Posts(4043) | Reviews | Tip post

• lawlers Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:23 PM Reply
    thanks for the fast replies :)
    Posts(31) | Reviews | Tip post

• Kokuei Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:24 PM Reply
    They might consider it a weapon and seize it.
    Posts(74) | Reviews | Tip post

• BlindSight Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:31 PM Reply
    only knives that are illigle are ones that open with the use of a mechanical device(like a spring) or can be opened through gravity or a motion of the wrist(butterfly knives)

that said, DONT carry it on you, 6" is the max allowable size to carry, even then it will most likely be confiscated by the police if they catch you with it, if they catch you carrying a 9" knife there will most likely be charges involved.
    Posts(531) | Reviews | Tip post

• andrade4 Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:41 PM Reply
    ^ I thought that the 6" limit was for the length of the blade only, not the whole thing.
    Whats the length of this blade?
    ===========
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dx4lover
    ^Lots of DX reviews
    Vancouver,Canada
    Posts(4043) | Reviews | Tip post

• 7hirteen Sunday, October 19, 2008 11:02 PM Reply
    The blade is only about 3.75" long as the pic shows, but regardless, if a cop sees a knife with an aggressive look they'll be making sure you have a good reason to be carrying it.
    Posts(198) | Reviews | Tip post

• BlindSight Sunday, October 19, 2008 11:27 PM Reply
    ahh i didnt look at the pictures, usualy when you say 9" knive that refers to the blade, anyways if you get cought with almost any knife there is a chance it will be confiscated unless you need it for work or your going hunting or something
    Posts(531) | Reviews | Tip post

• clanrat Saturday, July 17, 2010 9:38 PM Reply
    I know this is an old thread but I wanted to rebut some mis-information here.

There is no blade length limit in Canada. You can wear a sword on your hip if you want. Sure, you may have trouble with the cops if you do this, but it's not illegal.

This knife will not be seized by customs as
    "a weapon."

A knife is a tool and doesn't become a weapon until your intent to use it as one has been proven.
    Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere