Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Feedback)
Feedback

@DX staff, Packages to Norway returned by customs

• Nettulf Tuesday, October 21, 2008 2:13 AM Reply
    Yes, then two of my packages from DX is sent in return by customs in Norway. And the same for many others.....

The reason for this is incorrect labeling on the shipments from DX.
    It seems like they put Gift and a value of 45HKD on almost every package, and of course the customs here send it in return when they got a whole lot of packages with the same value and gift on the label.

So for shipments to Norway at least, please put on the correct value and not gift on the labels, unless we choose to use the Drop Shipment and Gift Service in our orders. Or else the customs will continue to send back more stuff.

Nettulf
    Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

• GeekfromNorway Tuesday, October 21, 2008 3:01 AM Reply
    I haven't experienced THAT one with the T(r)OLL people, but...

Yeah, they like correct value and a list of contents and their prices...
    This is especially important when partial orders are shipped.

They held up one of my packages for 'a while' while waiting for me to send them the correct receipts and invoices, which was a bit difficult as I didn't know exactly what was in the package.

I ended up faxing their paperwork back to them with a plea to OPEN THE DAMN PACKAGE and tell me what was in it...
    Posts(139) | Reviews | Tip post

• Nettulf Tuesday, October 21, 2008 5:43 AM Reply
    Hi, and many thanks for your answer.

Of course I understand that you lower the price on the packing label, for most of the contries this will be right.

But I guess the customs here in Norway have become more restrictive, becouse it seems like all packages from DX is returned now.

Anyway, I will send a request for my future orders, and make an enquiry on the returned orders as you suggested.

Nettulf
    Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

• runarl Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:09 AM Reply
    Ive talked to our customer service today. They will keep sending all of dealextreme packages in return unntil correct information is placed.

This is a serious problem when I have dusins of packages!

They will keep sending ALL of dealextreme, because every packages is in the same container.
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• bjorna Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:45 AM Reply
    I have the same problem, one of my packages was sent in return, while another one, which was sent the same day according to the order tracking here on dx, I recieved.

So what should I do about the one that I didn't recieve?
    Posts(21) | Reviews | Tip post

• vaerulf Tuesday, October 21, 2008 8:06 AM Reply
    Me to! I have one package that was returned to DX, and I am not sure what to do about it.

I know there are a LOT of people in Norway that don't get their packages now, so I think it would be nice if you could write the correct value on the shipments heading towards Norway.
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by vaerulf on 10/21/2008 at 8:12 AM
  • Mandelstang Tuesday, October 21, 2008 8:20 AM Reply
    My package was sent back too (Norway).
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• Hakan_G Moderator Tuesday, October 21, 2008 8:31 AM Reply
    @ runarl
    'Ive talked to our customer service today. They will keep sending all of dealextreme packages in return unntil correct information is placed'

Runar, who are you and which customer services are you referring to?

I don't really understand your post.
    I'm not part of DX Staff, only a forum moderator. My comments are my own
    views and might not reflect the views of DX.
    Got Questions for DX? Use CS Express: http://services.dealextreme.com/
    Posts(15340) | Reviews | Tip post

• marrco Tuesday, October 21, 2008 8:42 AM Reply
    I had the same problem here in Italy, customs don't like false declarations. So a few times my package bounced back to dx, and one time dx asked me 5usd for shipping expenses too !

In large part of europe (all ?) there is a no-tax no-customs duty limit of about 150 euro (200 usd). So there is really no reason to ask for troubles writing that the goods are worth just a few $

Pls dx, give correct price and description to all packages. Of course ppl can always add a dropship-gift item to have an anonymous package.

Or at least add a checkbox in the shipping cart so we can have real value as an option.
    Posts(86) | Reviews | Tip post

• Jonwm Tuesday, October 21, 2008 8:42 AM Reply
    When i track my package it says:
    Date Time Event Postal unit
    17.10.08 21.30 ERROR OCCURED IN PROCESSING
    Cause: Assumed dutiable 0020 OSLO
    17.10.08 20.43 ARRIVED DESTINATION COUNTRY 0001 OSLO
    I reject your reallity and substitute my own!
    Posts(131) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 9
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Feedback)
Feedback

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere