Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Video game consoles on lcd moniters

• STE7HEN Tuesday, October 21, 2008 6:43 PM Reply
    Does anyone know if this can be used in combination with a hdmi-dvi cable to play ps1/ps2/ps3/dreamcast/ etc on an lcd moniter?
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• bjlaur Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:35 PM Reply
    There is absolutely no reason why that wouldn't work.
    Posts(690) | Reviews | Tip post

• DDN84 Tuesday, June 30, 2009 2:43 AM Reply
    I'm not sure about dreamcast but I'm pretty sure PS1 won't work as it has S-video & composite but no component output.

I just ordered one for my ps2/wii, will see if it works and update back here in ~3 weeks.

I can't entirely agree with bjlaur btw, No-name Chinese manufacturers just produce "whatever" products and in lots of cases, users can't get them to work for their specific needs because the products weren't really designed to :/

UPDATE July 09, 2009:
    This thing actually "works" pretty well with my PS2 (tried both 480i and 480p). I haven't tried with wii (it's in the living room, what a hassle :/ ) but I can't think of any reason why it won't, as PS2 and Wii have similar resolutions.

One thing to note is that I checked the manual for my lcd monitor and it states that 640x480, also 640x380(or x320? not important anyway) resolution is supported.
    I read the description for this item somewhere on the internet and AFAIK, it only converts analog to digital signal but resolution stays the same so make sure your LCD monitor supports the resolutions you need.
    Posts(77) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by DDN84 on 7/9/2009 at 2:34 AM
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere