DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Q & A)
Q & A

Air Mail VS. EMS Express?

• JoJolThelMaster Friday, October 24, 2008 9:36 AM Reply
    What's the difference between Air Mail and EMS Express?
  • BlindSight Friday, October 24, 2008 9:39 AM Reply
    I havent gotten stuff shipped via EMS from here but from what ive heard from some people its not really much faster, however, it has a much greater chance of being checked by customs and taxed + duties
  • yew.sir-name Friday, October 24, 2008 9:56 AM Reply
    For me there is no difference in delivery time. It just has better real-ish time tracking, so you can see when your package has landed in your county etc.
  • Hakan_G Moderator Friday, October 24, 2008 10:38 AM Reply
    It is different companies who handle the shipping.
    Also, EMS is insuring the package to the stated value.
    If you notice, all the more expensive products (like $80 and more) are all shipped with EMS and not Air Mail. As EMS packages have a better tracking, they are considered more safe regarding getting lost etc.

But in real life, no packages are safe from thieves ... any package sent by any courier can get stolen
    I'm not part of DX Staff, only a forum moderator. My comments are my own
    views and might not reflect the views of DX.
    Got Questions for DX? Use CS Express: http://services.dealextreme.com/
  • Mike-H Friday, October 24, 2008 1:27 PM Reply
    in the uk airmail / tracked airmail are delivered by royal mail, ems is delivered by parcelforce as stated ems packages have a much higher chance of being opened / checked than airmail but do have much better online tracking (although they still disapear into the transit black hole for 5 days or so after they leave china and arrive in the uk.

delivery times are often slightly quicker by airmail than ems at least in the uk. as an example i have an ems parcel sat in customs at the moment, probably until monday and assuming no customs problems i should get it on mon / tue, another item i ordered same day came by tracked airmail this morning.

• Munkeh Friday, October 24, 2008 1:34 PM Reply
    I used to get stuff sent by EMS to the UK when I bought a lot of items as it ended up costing not much extra. I have had a couple of EMS items arrive within 3 days of despatch but Airmail is only a couple of days extra.

I now go for Airmail only, mainly because I hate the company the UK use for collecting from customs to deliver inland (Parcel Force aka Parcel Farce ) They are utterly useless.

I find that when Airmail items are delivered by the royal mail, they are treated like special delivery (priority) and I have never had any problems.
  • cnilson Friday, September 17, 2010 2:27 PM Reply
    I have a problem, DX sent my Items by Air Mail and now, the items were robbed, the packet were opened and broken, even Post Office they say was in the way from England to USA or the way from USA to El Salvador, somebody stole them.

I asked to DX the send my items by EMS but i don´t know why they did not do it.

The money payed for the EMS, they are better going to send me others items, but my 2 Cell Phones were lost.

what can i do about this?
    I wnat my money back or my items!!!

Help!!!
  • Hakan_G Moderator Friday, September 17, 2010 3:44 PM Reply
    cnilson,
    contact DX with the support forms and discuss it with them.
    I'm not part of DX Staff, only a forum moderator. My comments are my own
    views and might not reflect the views of DX.
    Got Questions for DX? Use CS Express: http://services.dealextreme.com/
Q & A

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections