Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Does this run DSi games?

• iwantparties Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:39 PM Reply
    I haven't seen this actually stated anywhere - can it actually play DSi games? And from any region? Or does it just actually allow you to play DS "ROMS" on your DSi?
    Posts(41) | Reviews | Tip post

• captjimjam Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:40 PM Reply
    Isn't one thread enough? ;)

I presume it was accidental, so will delete the other one.
    Addicted to yellow envelopes!--UK--
    I'm a forum only moderator and not part of DX staff.
    To contact DX staff use: http://services.dealextreme.com
    New customer guide: www.tinyurl.com/help-dx
    Posts(6823) | Reviews | Tip post

• rmkbow Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:43 PM Reply
    it plays DS roms and homebrew, any region DS roms.

My assumption will be that it will not be able to play pirated dsi shop software (is the dsi shop out yet?)
    blarg
    Posts(241) | Reviews | Tip post

• MS3FGX Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:21 PM Reply
    DSi software is run from the DSi's main menu, it has nothing to do with the flash card. Though I would expect that at some point in the future there will be a way to install other region's software like there is on the Wii.
    Posts(2213) | Reviews | Tip post

• Endracion Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:47 PM Reply
    DSi Games are the same as the DS, only they use extra features unlocked by the console itself, so games are basically compatible for both, but with extras for the DSi.
    Posts(27) | Reviews | Tip post

• TomySakazaki Wednesday, December 10, 2008 6:04 PM Reply
    @Endracion:
    But "for DSi Only" cartridges, if they are going to exist someday (like the Only for GBC ones, can use a new encription system; if they do, it will be difficult to dump and run the games.

The games that will run at older DS maybe will use the actual system, so maybe they will work on DSi with all functions.
    Posts(16) | Reviews | Tip post

• Endracion Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:18 PM Reply
    Well from all my readings of what Nintendo's doing, there won't be any DSi only games, and furthermore, there is no different slot, it's the same cartridge size and all of that. So if they ever decide to release games for it especially, it's still going to have the same form factor and will probably be dumped just as easily, or it will eventually be supported, because in the end, it's really just data on a chip.
    Posts(27) | Reviews | Tip post

• rmkbow Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:04 AM Reply
    I'm not too sure, but what about those DSi shop games? Those are the ones that are region specific if i recall correctly. I believe it is necessary for people to know that it does/doesn't work on the current flashcarts, etc.
    blarg
    Posts(241) | Reviews | Tip post

• iwantparties Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:19 AM Reply
    Yes sorry the second thread was a mistake.

I guess we will just have to "wait and see".

So how is this card different to the AK2? Is it just the software? How long before someone hacks the software on the AK2 to get it work?

I thought the games would be region encoded too - so how will this work? Will it just complain if you put it into a DSi but not with a DS? I don't think I'll be buying a DSi
    Posts(41) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere