Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

4 digit indicators

• dleto Saturday, December 20, 2008 11:36 PM Reply
    People, I don't understand the meaning of 4 digits. If error code dumped on 2 digits, why need of 2 more?
    And how to use it? I inserted the card and it shows --FF on the indicators, no matter what. Tried two MBs.
    And the last - I noticed two solder drops shorting legs on the PIC - is it suppose to be here?
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• Lee.leen Saturday, December 27, 2008 4:00 PM Reply
    The digits 1 and 2 show you the number of the error if you have more than one error. The digits 3 and 4 explain the error.
    For example:

01 8C
    02 90
    03 ...
    That means :
    1st error -> floppy error (8C)
    2nd error Hard disk controller wrong (90)

Each time you push on the small black button on the pci card (arrows up and down), it changes the number of the error.
    I hope you could understand my poor english... ;-)
    Posts(90) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Lee.leen on 12/27/2008 at 4:01 PM
  • Kringle Saturday, September 25, 2010 10:50 AM Reply
    hm, but what about this video http://www.dealextreme.com/feedbacks/browseVideos.dx/sku.11812~id.9379? It shows FF A0 at the end of test...
    Posts(22) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Kringle on 9/25/2010 at 12:10 PM
  • jryan1 Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:34 AM Reply

A pair of digits shows the last error. The other pair of digits shows the error before that.

In other words: The cards shows the codes for the last two errors

Yes, I know this thread is ten years old, but I believe that is never too late to share information.

Posts(250) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere