Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

What does it mean when the lights flash red&green?

• tweakerxp Wednesday, January 7, 2009 10:15 PM Reply
    I was charging my TrustFire Protected 18650 Lithium Batteries (sku.5790) and when they were done charging, the charger light was alternating red and green. When I charge MC CR123As the light always just turns green when it's done. What does the red/green mean?
    Posts(115) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Wednesday, January 7, 2009 11:06 PM Reply
    could mean several things
    1-cells were inserted wrong way
    2-cell protection cut in for some reason
    3-temp cut-out for cell activated(cell or ambient temp too hot)
    4-faulty cell and/or pcb
    5-faulty charger
    6-cell brand not that compatible with charger for some reason

any other possible reasons?
    i've got 2, only happened to me maybe 3 times, #4 most likely reason
    Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11865) | Reviews | Tip post

• QuaXum Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:00 PM Reply
    i'm also having the same prob, it keeps flashing red and green, think its faulty, does not charge when battery inserted. will DX replace one?
    Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

• Losah Thursday, October 8, 2009 7:42 PM Reply
    Flashing from red to green shouldn't be alarming, I have other chargers that charge things, and flash from red (representing a dead battery) to green (representing charging), and on these newer chargers, it flashes from red, to green more and more often until a solid green light is established. Almost like a progress bar. For this model, I can't confirm it doe's the progress flash until I get mine going. I can confirm other chargers I own that DO do it. I will post again to confirm weather it doe's or doesn't.
    Posts(12) | Reviews | Tip post

• alaskanalain Tuesday, October 20, 2009 11:18 AM Reply
    flashing is alarming! It should flash red and green with no battery in it, solid red when charging and green when fully charged. If it has a battery in it and it's flashing then it probably broke. Just read the reviews and other forums and you will see how many end up this way. Mine broke after just two uses, I do not know how DX is going to resolve this. I have a new one in the shopping cart ready to order but I'm thinking twice about this now, pity though, I like it.
    Posts(8) | Reviews | Tip post

• juandotcom Sunday, December 12, 2010 9:56 PM Reply
    Mine worked great for weeks and suddenly started blinking red/green with uncharged batteries inserted and wouldn't charge. I pulled the back off and found the positive wire had become detached from the positive terminals (bad tack welds). I soldered it back up and it's working like a charm!
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• QuaXum Saturday, January 29, 2011 1:22 PM Reply
    What i do is i insert the battery before turning on the power. and it would flash anymore :)
    Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

• yogotti Tuesday, November 1, 2011 1:28 PM Reply
    how do I open it up? I don't want to damage it too much, but I don't see any screws?
    Posts(12) | Reviews | Tip post

• sjw663 Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:40 PM Reply
    When there is are batteries in the unit it flashes. I once put in a protected cell and it was a bit longer and had a VERY snug fit.

So snug that it pushed the positive-side contact on the charger down (dislodged it from the case) causing no contact and the flashing. This also explains why you said it won't charge your batteries. The design really sucks,

I pry it up and fasten it better and put the batteries in, VOILA! Full contact, No more flashing, constant red until charged, it's charging!
    Tip me !
    Posts(143) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere