Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

A user guide for new DX customers.

• flashin Monday, February 9, 2009 7:03 PM Reply
    oops again.

Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by flashin on 2/11/2009 at 9:38 PM
  • Gingerbreadman Friday, February 13, 2009 8:22 PM Reply
    Very nice guide. A fair bit of work you put in there flashin. I'm sure a lot of new customers will find it very useful and even comforting (it's the not knowing that is often so irritating).

By way of feedback (hopefully constructive), I wondered whether parts 3 and 14 might benefit from a brief mention of how to use the search feature and the advanced search feature (or even just a reminder of its existence). It took me a while to discover how to use those and the benefits of them. Seems obvious now, but everything is once you know.

I'm still a little surprised that the FAQ link on this site doesn't explain the different status messages. That is one of the so commonly asked questions, what does "Ready" mean, what does "ETA etc" mean.
    I mean the status messages are trying to provide information and keep the customer informed, so it's in everyone's interest if the status message meanings are known and understood.

"Processing - contact us for details." Whether that means they actually want people to open yet another support ticket OR whether it only means to open a ticket IF you want details (in which case maybe the status message should include a conditional word such as "IF"). I'm still never entirely sure whether I should open a ticket when that happens or not. Some people tell me the order usually moves along by itself in a couple of days, but does that always apply or is it in some cases they actually NEED you to contact them because there is a problem that you need to be aware of or need to do something about and the order will NOT progress until you do contact them, and how would one tell the difference.

It probably sounds like I'm complaining again now, but I'm not really.

Having all those usual types of questions in the one place like the FAQ at the bottom of the page would be good I think.

The FAQ should also be updated with other questions as they arise, such as the one about how to remove the Bulkrate coupon code from the shopping cart once it is selected and so many others.

Yeah, maybe this is the wrong thread for some of that, but I just saved creating another whole new thread by babbling away here :-)
    Completed DX Orders=98

BEWARE: DX has changed its returns policy from a year ago
    http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.-204~threadid.448233
    Posts(867) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Saturday, February 14, 2009 5:29 PM Reply
    hey Gingerbreadman!!

it doesn't look like you are complaining to me.
    a lot of the interactions between staff and customers is lost in the language barrier/translation and the directions for the steps to be taken get very confusing a lot of the time.
    i encourage input from everyone that has something to add.
    there's no way one person could know all the stuff that is involved with using DX.
    i need all the help i can get with it. this guide is just a basic one.
    there are lots of areas that need to be broken down into more detail.

you post it, and i'll paste it!
    or
    just i'll leave it where it is in the thread to keep the first post from being 100ft long by itself.

feel free to critisize and analyze because the better this is the more it can help.

the only problem with this is it's in the forum where new customers will not see it until they are pissed off about something.
    the thread would help better if it was on the home page, or in check out.

thanks.

Howdy from Ohio!

• BigDad Sunday, February 22, 2009 1:07 PM Reply
    flashin
    I translated your work into Russian. You can place the translation here or there is a special ethnic forum threads?

translation to Russian [size 51kb] http://gps-vologda.ru/img/dx.doc

Posts(210) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by BigDad on 2/22/2009 at 1:30 PM
  • jander6442 Tuesday, February 24, 2009 4:17 PM Reply
    Yes Flash (very nice)

"My boy has become a man, and look at him go."
    If you had a savings you won't for long :)
    and stop messing around with your lenses.
    I tried some reviews but gave up
    Posts(935) | Reviews | Tip post

• henryccs Tuesday, February 24, 2009 7:52 PM Reply
    Yes janders you missed a lot have you? The tree of us and others should really catch up :P
    Legit paintballer, acquiring DX sales through referrals!
    -
    Direct ALL the Woodsballers here to buy ALL the LASERS, and scope,
    and flesh...oh crap flashlights!
    While getting ALL the referral DX points!
    Posts(2192) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:29 PM Reply
    thanks BigDad.
    i will just move your link the the first post.
    there's no special ethnic forum, at least i haven't seen anything for russians yet.
    i will post it where it will be seen.

AMGGTV made a real nice guide/f.a.q. a "sticky" too. i might add that link also.

janders i did all this with one little pointin' finger! hunt-n-peck!
    i almost misspell your name everytime. it's very similar to my last name, but mines english[from england] and changing just a couple letters makes it so different... i think janders is ...... scandinavian??? sweedish? maybe. yes/no?
    i don't know. but i nearly put my name there everytime instead of yours.
    Howdy from Ohio!

• flashin Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:34 PM Reply
    BigDad, i open that link. for those interested it's a pdf file or just a windows file. [i don't know].

thanks BigDad! it's really cool to see the list in Russian!
    Howdy from Ohio!

post edited by flashin on 2/25/2009 at 11:36 PM
  • BigDad Thursday, February 26, 2009 11:44 AM Reply
    flashin
    Thank you.
    If you'd like *. pdf - I made this file, I think you can now see the Russian text.

http://gps-vologda.ru/img/dx.pdf 139.51 kB

Posts(210) | Reviews | Tip post(2)

• flashin Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:27 PM Reply
    i like the pdf.

thanks for the tip, but i should tip you for doing all this work getting it into Russian... looks very good.
    Howdy from Ohio!

Page 5 of 13
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere