Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Feedback)
Feedback

@DX Staff - About customs declaration for Brazil

• TomySakazaki Saturday, March 14, 2009 10:47 PM Reply
    Hello DealExtreme staff, recently I've received one package with http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3161 and http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7276.

It was taxed by customs, problem is, it was taxed as one package of US$ 60 and not US$ 23,68 (real value) or US$ 30 (nearest acceptable base value for the tax). Only to give it clear, I've paid R$ 54,84 at the items, but the tax was R$ 85,68 (only in tax it's 56% more expensive than the item alone, the correct value was to be R$ 32,90, 60% of package value = items + shipping).

I'm sending this message to suggest that DealExtreme can give the option to print at the customs information the real description and price of items. And if possible, include invoice into the package, so if some consumers get taxed by customs, they can at least pay the tax for the real price, not any random value near the double from the correct.

In Brazil we can ask to reexamine the items to try recalculate the tax, but lately almost all of revisions in some regions are overruled and with it people pay even more taxes.

The dropshipping/gift item to remove DX logo doesn't solve these matters, because our customs laws allows that any package above US$ 60 (including shipping) can be taxed, even if declared as gift, and agents can give any "market acceptable" value to items, so they can recalculate the values as they wish.

If DealExtreme can implement any system to help to prevent these matters (by the choice of consumer, since some countries don't have these customs problems/errors) I would be thankful, since I use mainly this online store to get most of my gadgets (even taxed, with correct or erroneous values it's cheaper than buying at local stores).

Thanks for your attention, and if you notice any typo or gramatical errors, you can notify me. I am sorry, since I'm still learning english.
    Posts(16) | Reviews | Tip post

• schopf Saturday, March 14, 2009 10:49 PM Reply
    Its an old request, not just to Brazil.
    DX addicted!
    Posts(4362) | Reviews | Tip post

• TomySakazaki Saturday, March 14, 2009 10:54 PM Reply
    @ schopf: Can you list the other countries that presented same problems before? I haven't seen any specific request about it before, since I've started reading these forums since July/2008 :(

I don't have any problems in paying my taxes (every time I buy something online and outside Brazil I'm prepared to pay the 60% tax), but I don't like when it's taxed totally wrong, and on purpose (I have proofs at this matter for my specific case, trying something to get responsables punhished).
    Posts(16) | Reviews | Tip post

• schopf Saturday, March 14, 2009 11:18 PM Reply
    https://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.-100~threadid.107921

Try to find to "real value" or "bills" in search option. Im not the right person to find it out.
    DX addicted!
    Posts(4362) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Feedback)
Feedback

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere