Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Requests)
Product Requests

Glacier Sunglasses

• Divine Friday, March 27, 2009 8:45 AM Reply
    I'm too lazy to first download a photo to my computer and then upload it to another server to be able to link it here, and since it's stupidly against the forum rules to post links to another web shops you just have to do without a photo. Do a Google (image) search for "julbo drus".

I was thinking about having a cheap China-equivalent of 'glacier sunglasses', not that much for their ability to filter the light in glacier conditions rather than for their cool design. With those removable leather side shields and all. (Jamie Hyneman from tv's Mythbusters uses these.)

So maybe cut the filtering features down to the level of 'ordinary' sunglasses, but somewhat imitate the design?
    - 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot. -
    Posts(119) | Reviews | Tip post

• Duster Friday, March 27, 2009 9:02 AM Reply
    Is it that hard to use ImageShack?!

10 seconds...et voilà!

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7334/81762.jpg
    img src: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7334/81762.jpg

Posts(1069) | Reviews | Tip post

• Toveri Friday, March 27, 2009 12:13 PM Reply
    Yeah, you are lazy. But that doesn't mean you're not right. Those would be cool sunglasses.

+1

Overall seeing they just added a bunch of sunglasses I'd love to see some with polarized lenses.
    Posts(40) | Reviews | Tip post

• Divine Friday, March 27, 2009 4:07 PM Reply
    > Is it that hard to use ImageShack?!

No, it's not hard (I do have e.g. a PhotoBucket account myself), but I just didn't feel like jumping through hoops that just complicate the communication for 'greater good'.

> 10 seconds...et voilà!

(I bet it took you more than 10 secs, but) thanks for showing us the image! Those glasses are what I meant.

post edited by Divine on 3/28/2009 at 3:41 AM
  • Mike-H Friday, March 27, 2009 6:17 PM Reply
    divine it wouldnt take more than 10 seconds since imageshack has the facility to enter the url of an image then provide an imageshack url for it.

Posts(4615) | Reviews | Tip post

• Divine Sunday, March 29, 2009 5:09 PM Reply
    You're probably right, Mike. Actually I think PB has that feature too. Anyway, one would first have to register to IS or PB or such to have the ability to make 10 sec photo download-linkings in the first place. And that's not even the point that IMO it just is ridiculous having to do couple of unnecessary side steps instead of just linking the damn photo straight here.

Don't get me wrong - I understand the thinking behind the policy, I just don't agree to it even if I play by the rules. Plus, I'm lazy. :)

• captjimjam Sunday, March 29, 2009 5:17 PM Reply
    You don't need to register with Imageshack to upload from a URL.
    Addicted to yellow envelopes!--UK--
    I'm a forum only moderator and not part of DX staff.
    To contact DX staff use: http://services.dealextreme.com
    New customer guide: www.tinyurl.com/help-dx
    Posts(6823) | Reviews | Tip post

• cabledss Sunday, March 29, 2009 5:18 PM Reply
    Or you could have hotlinked directly to the image wherever the image was found at ;-) For that all u need is a url..no downloading/uploading necessary.
    Posts(1075) | Reviews | Tip post

• algerath1 Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:39 PM Reply
    I would love some more glacier glasses. I used to have a set that I loved, but when I broke them I found that model had been discontinued. I am kind of picky with sunglasses and haven't found a comparable pair since.

I will disagree with the making them like regular sunglasses though. I would personally pay more for good quality polarized lenses, glaciers tend to be darker than most sunglasses also, thats what I am after in a package that I like.

I did say I was picky :-)
    Posts(170) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Requests)
Product Requests

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere