Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

How you guys apply this to the circuit boards?

• AuAndAu Wednesday, April 8, 2009 7:30 PM Reply
    Receive it today, and found it is so thick and hard to apply to circuit boards. Other than that, it works fine.

I have some neddles ordered from DX and on the way. Will try and see if it help a little.
    The weight is 49grams with the enclosure.

Order on March-24-09, shipped on March-25-09, received on April-08-09. The shipping will take about two weeks to North America.
    Posts(13) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by AuAndAu on 4/8/2009 at 7:39 PM
  • frills Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, April 8, 2009 10:05 PM Reply
    With a syringe.

Some of the ones being sold here now may work if you remove the needle. It's just a matter of finding a diameter small enough to be precise without being so small that you can't push the plunger.
    Posts(3318) | Reviews | Tip post

• Nisei Thursday, April 9, 2009 6:52 AM Reply
    I think this will clog up in a syringe, especialy when you keep it stored in the refrigerator. I always use a toothpick to apply.
    Posts(529) | Reviews | Tip post

• alexg2k Thursday, April 9, 2009 7:26 AM Reply
    i agree, toothpick is a good way to apply this paste.
    Posts(47) | Reviews | Tip post

• miceduan Thursday, April 9, 2009 7:51 AM Reply
    Toothpick is a bit too big for smd parts. it will either apply too many or too few solder paste on the pads. Not a easy job to control the amount of solder paste on the circuit boards. Any one used stencil with this?

This is good to solder wires or fix staff with wires.
    Posts(99) | Reviews | Tip post

• algerath1 Thursday, April 9, 2009 7:58 AM Reply
    I have used it with a toothpick on SMD parts and it is a bit tough. I put some in one of the syringes from the 10 pk of thermal compound from DX and that is slightly better, it is hard to control the amount since you must push the plunger hard. I have had some success using a small flat tip jewelers screwdriver to apply little blobs of this stuff, it worked better than a toothpick
    Posts(170) | Reviews | Tip post

• miceduan Thursday, April 9, 2009 3:45 PM Reply
    I am still waiting for my needle order (from DX) to arrive, will check if a syringe with a needle works?

Or, a solder paste stencil must be ordered, that' another cost for SMD projects.
    Posts(99) | Reviews | Tip post

• Watchmaker Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:45 AM Reply
    "I had to add some AMTech flux (DX 20583) to this to make it usable. "

I got this today and mixed a little bit (maxbe 1-1,5ml) it up, now it's really easy to apply it everywhere :)

Great!
    Posts(188) | Reviews | Tip post

• ecotack Saturday, April 10, 2010 4:59 PM Reply
    As in my review an ink jet refill syringe and SKU:21947 worked well for me, but I think a silk screen is the best method.

It has surprised me how little you need on SMD parts.
    Posts(247) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere