Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Maglite mod - POLL

• Duster Thursday, April 9, 2009 12:04 AM Reply
    OK guys...

I'm planning to mod my 3*D Maglite.

I didn't already choose which type of batteries I'll use nor the emitter I'll throw inside.

To keep the things simple, I'll start the poll with the emitter question.

Which one do you prefer?

- MC-E
    - P7
    - 3*Q5 or R2
    - Single Q5 or R2
    - Maybe a 5*Q3 I saw somewhere but really not sure about it

I want a nice flood/throw mix but maybe a bit more on the flood side. I mean something that lights a large area at close/mid quarter. The throw can be limited to something like 100', I don't care much.

Yes, I already know about heat and stuff...but your advices would be appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. I don't want a "showroom" flashlight but something that works in the real life.
    Posts(1069) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Duster on 4/9/2009 at 12:57 AM
  • frills Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, April 9, 2009 12:41 AM Reply
    P7 if you want a nice even flooder. To run ~2.8A off 3xD cells you could install two boards from sku.1886 in parallel, assuming you ever receive them.
    Posts(3318) | Reviews | Tip post

• Duster Thursday, April 9, 2009 1:18 AM Reply
    @frills

Thanks for your input. I too have a preference for the P7 but I'm looking for few advices just in case...

BTW, I doubt I'll use D batteries, I'm thinking of maybe 2*18650 or 9*AA...I don't know yet. I'll start the battery POLL later.

• _Diceman Thursday, April 9, 2009 5:00 AM Reply
    MC-E will allow you to direct drive from 2x18650.

Posts(481) | Reviews | Tip post

• algerath1 Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:49 PM Reply
    @frills

I just got my sku.1886 10 pk shipped the other day. I looks like they are back in FINALLY!

It was getting pretty bad I had them on order for a LONG time. I actually used something else for the light I originally ordered them for.

I was thinking of using 2 to drive a p7 or MCE myself.
    Posts(170) | Reviews | Tip post

• Duster Tuesday, April 14, 2009 12:02 AM Reply
    Anyone else?

«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere