Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Upgrades?

• TheSkyer Thursday, April 9, 2009 3:36 AM Reply
    I am a total flashlight newbie and was wondering what kind of upgrades I could aply to this flashlight to make it even brighter. I already run it on 2 x 3.6V CR123A because I heard that is the way to get the best output.

What else can I do (other drop ins?). If you are refering to upgrades which are sold on DX please also name the SKU. so I can find it easily.

Thanks in advance!
    Posts(25) | Reviews | Tip post

• frills Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, April 9, 2009 4:25 AM Reply
    sku.21037

The voltage range allows for only one li-ion cell, and heat production may bake it before long in this light through a combination of poor thermal transfer and low heat sinking mass.
    Posts(3318) | Reviews | Tip post

• TheSkyer Thursday, April 9, 2009 5:10 AM Reply
    So basically I shouldn't get it XD?
    Posts(25) | Reviews | Tip post

• algerath1 Thursday, April 9, 2009 8:15 AM Reply
    It already has an R2 driven at 1A, which is pretty bright. About the only way to gain much more from it will be with the drop in frills listed. I am wanting one of those drop ins to play with, but it would be a setup for momentary on use, frills is right you will certainly have heat issues with that drop in and battery life will likely suck. It would be a fun little light though, lots of wow factor when you show it off. I love outshining an expensive light with a cheap DX light. One of my friends couldn't believe it when my 30 dollar DX light beat his $300 SF M3.

This would be a decent light to modify as it takes p60 type drop ins, there are lots of options for mods, it just has the best single die emitter driven fairly hard to start with so it just doesn't need upgrades.
    Posts(170) | Reviews | Tip post

• ipod08 Thursday, April 9, 2009 8:30 AM Reply
    i have one of these lights. light is good enuf 4 me
    Posts(424) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere