DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

I might take one with me to Iraq!

• DealNinja Sunday, April 12, 2009 7:33 PM Reply
    Hehe, I might take one of these with me to Iraq. Just for added safety! :P
    Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

• algerath1 Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:00 PM Reply
    I just got back not too long ago. You will get FAR better gear for the job than this. You will also likely not be allowed to use it as it will degrade the effectiveness of some of the higher powered active gear you will be using. This type of stuff was a BIG part of what I did there and if you want to spend your money go right ahead, but just a fair warning, I wouldn't.
    Posts(170) | Reviews | Tip post

• Mike-H Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:07 PM Reply
    @algerath1, you might, but poor british squaddies are still trying to get decent vests and helmets and even weapons, heck they are even being sent food parcels by relatives, our government seems to think they can do war / peacekeeping on the cheap, still i'm sure the £30,000,000 they just stole from pensioners, children and the disabled may help.

Posts(4615) | Reviews | Tip post

• algerath1 Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:25 PM Reply
    Fair enough, there were no British units where I was so I cannot comment on how well/poorly equipped they are. I do know the British had similar types of gear in the country, as I learned a bit about compatibility with other nations systems.
    My main point being this device will actually decrease your protection if you are using most of the military systems over there now. Buy it if you wish, but check with the person who handles this kind of stuff for your unit before you start using it when you go out, odds are I bet they will tell you to leave it off.
    Posts(170) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by algerath1 on 4/12/2009 at 9:26 PM
  • frills Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:47 PM Reply
    The low range and delay before terminating a call will make this useless for the purpose. You need something specialized and/or much more powerful.
    Posts(3318) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Monday, April 13, 2009 12:20 AM Reply
    simply put, it's unproven in those conditions, which means it won't even be considered, but this device is not meant to be used in that situation anyway

@webby-good to see you're still posting buddy! some one was asking about andrade earlier, heard from her lately?
    Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11865) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere