Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

SKU.13336 VS SKU.22574 (which better thrower?)

• HiTiT Monday, April 13, 2009 10:10 AM Reply
    I want to buy a thrower.
    My only considerations in buying torches the the lumens in this situation.

On the one hand I want a thrower (sku.16538 - but it is only 230lm).
    On the other hand I prefer a torch with ~600lm like SKU.13336 or SKU.22574).

What mod can be done on this P7 or other P7 torches in order to make it throw?

Posts(18) | Reviews | Tip post

• pmoore Monday, April 13, 2009 12:07 PM Reply
    As a general rule from what I have read. A larger head diameter will produce a longer throw with a P7. Although they are not known to be "throwers". Sku.16538 even though it is only rated for 230L it has a large and deep reflecter. It should throw a good distance. I'm sure others will chime in, Just my .02c

Paul
    Posts(18) | Reviews | Tip post

• frills Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, April 13, 2009 7:32 PM Reply
    sku.16538 has the makings of a monster thrower. Only problem is that it's underdriven and won't actually put out over 200lm unless you mod it with a 1.0-1.2A driver. A well-driven P7 can throw pretty far just by sheer output, though the quad-die lights generally aren't throwers.

The Tiablo ACE seems to throw pretty well with an MC-E, but it's not sold by DX.
    Posts(3318) | Reviews | Tip post

• algerath1 Monday, April 13, 2009 9:29 PM Reply
    I have a sku.18765 and it throws very well. My only complaint is it's glued.

I don't have any of the quad die lights so I can't recommend any of those, but if you can live with the head being glued on a single die light, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend 18765 as a thrower.
    Posts(170) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere