Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Got mine today - not working

• tweakerxp Monday, April 20, 2009 9:08 PM Reply
    So I got mine today, there was no fluid in it so i filled it up. It will light but not the first time, I always have to light it twice. Also, the screw on the bottom doesn't seem to do anything. Is mine defective?
    Posts(115) | Reviews | Tip post

• multiplier Monday, April 20, 2009 9:25 PM Reply
    Have you let it settle for 5-10 minutes after refilling?

Have you tried turning down the flame?

Posts(539) | Reviews | Tip post

• tweakerxp Tuesday, April 21, 2009 4:49 PM Reply
    Yes, and turning the screw doesn't seem to do anything either way. I refilled it again and now it won't light at all. I can hear the gas coming out though. Any ideas?

• Ranged Tuesday, April 21, 2009 4:52 PM Reply
    Turn it up and down, check if the wire inside make a spark when u push the button.
    [b][color=navy]Montreal[/color][color=#FF0000]Canada[/color][/b]
    Posts(923) | Reviews | Tip post

• algerath1 Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:39 PM Reply
    I have one and found if you push the button slowly or hesitate while you are pushing the button just before it sparks it will light the first time, you just have to let a little gas escape before it sparks. If you push it very fast no gas has escaped to ignite when it sparks.

Just as a fyi the screw in the middle of the bottom holds the bottom plate on and is just screwed into plastic. Mine was stripped and I had to glue it back. It came out the first time when I dropped it and stripped all of the plastic threads, a little glue in the hole before I replaced it has worked fine.

overall I really like the lighter
    Posts(170) | Reviews | Tip post

• tweakerxp Friday, April 24, 2009 4:37 PM Reply
    Thanks, I finally got it filled but I'm still having an issue where it doesn't light sometimes. Looking at the wire inside, it doesn't always spark when I try and light it. I have a feeling it's defective.

• grancatan Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:04 PM Reply
    I RECIVED 3
    ONE WORKS FINE
    THE SECOND LIGTHS AFTHER 3 OR 4 STRIKES , AND THEN LAST3 OR 4 SECONDS ON, AND THEN GOES OFF.
    THE TIRD DO NOT LIGHT AT ALL NOT EVEN PUTING A LIVE FLAME ON IT. DID ALLI CAN TO ADJUST IT , BUT USE LESS,
    SO 1 GOOD OUT OF TREE
    Posts(268) | Reviews | Tip post

• Tommyhzy Wednesday, August 5, 2009 4:08 PM Reply
    All caps? ALL CAPS? Not needed, grancatan. People can read without ALL CAPS. (:
    Posts(7) | Reviews | Tip post

• grancatan Wednesday, August 5, 2009 6:05 PM Reply
    CAVE MAN HERE, HAVE NO TIME TO USE SHIFTH BUTON
    Posts(268) | Reviews | Tip post

• Lukkybox Sunday, March 28, 2010 1:00 PM Reply
    bend the little sparker wire a tiny bit closer to its jump point ;)
    Posts(7) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere