Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

ibm thinkpad fixer upper.

• mashersmasher Monday, June 8, 2009 9:41 PM Reply
    ordering 3 packs of these to fix up my t61 battery. i believe they are clones of the sony verion us18650gr which are in the t61
    Posts(178) | Reviews | Tip post

• rpgdonkey Tuesday, June 9, 2009 8:53 PM Reply
    be careful. if your battery is a "smart" battery, you can't disconnect the old batteries until the new ones are connected, or you have to fine some other way of keeping the voltage across the circuit.

I recently replaced the cells on my gateway battery, but once the circuit is disconnected it's pretty much useless, and I can't charge the battery anymore; even with the old cells.
    Posts(22) | Reviews | Tip post

• mashersmasher Thursday, June 11, 2009 12:22 PM Reply
    thanks for the tip. i'll hook it up to my dc psu and keep a few volts on the circuit while i work
    Posts(178) | Reviews | Tip post

• zivizivi Monday, April 26, 2010 1:20 AM Reply
    rpgdonkey u can use smart battery workshop with a parallel adapter to reset the eeprom.
    Posts(19) | Reviews | Tip post

• ThinkPad Saturday, November 13, 2010 10:29 AM Reply
    Hey mashersmasher,

Have you succeeded in the replacement?

I would like to do the same with a T42 battery.

Have you encountered any problems?

Cheers,
    Frank
    Posts(116) | Reviews | Tip post

• tobixen Thursday, September 8, 2011 10:19 AM Reply
    I have a T61 and failed to rebuild it ... and it even seems like the old cells still have decent amount of juice left.

For one thing those cells are a little bit longer than the original cells, for the other thing ... yes, the problem with the electronics. How do I reset the eeprom? (eventually, found that a new battery pack for the T61 is reasonably cheap at DX, so I just ordered a new one.
    Posts(51) | Reviews | Tip post

• itanium86 Saturday, September 10, 2011 6:13 PM Reply
    hey rpgdonkey... I've got a gateway notebook too. I was planning to replace my old cells to make it last >5hours again (just 1h45min now). Can we discuss this somewhere? I'm italo.loureiro at facebook.
    Posts(24) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by itanium86 on 9/10/2011 at 6:15 PM
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere