Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Video Games)
Video Games

new dsi firmware, time to bin all your dsi cards

• Mike-H Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:09 AM Reply
    despite constant warnings people continued to buy dsi cards that were not upgradeable.

now nintendo release dsi firmware 1.4, you have to upgrade to 1.4 to access the dsi store, go online, to get access to facebook etc and to get the improved camera functions.

currently it blocks ALL dsi flashcards rendering them useless including the supercard ds one i and the r3i zero and ez-v1 which are the upgradeable ones.

its now upto the makers of the upgradeable cards to make a bootloader update to get them working again and for all those who bought r4i's or dstti's or acekard 2 (or any of the other non upgradeable dsi carts) i's to start returning them to your reseller or start saving for a new dsi card.

oh and dx i'd stop selling ALL non upgradeable dsi cards immediatly as you'll get them all sent back as faulty and its going to end up costing you a bundle)

oh and this update has also blocked the dsi-player too.

Posts(4615) | Reviews | Tip post

Hakan_G made this thread sticky on 7/31/2009 at 4:28 AM
  • AKGod Thursday, July 30, 2009 11:47 PM Reply
    Heh, was waiting for this to happen. I've been sticking to my DSL for this reason. *sits and waits patiently for updated code* :)
    - Adam
    I can has tips nao? :D
    Posts(278) | Reviews | Tip post

• henryccs Friday, July 31, 2009 12:19 AM Reply
    Lol yes I'm gonna put up tutorial vids for upgrading so there isn't 5 year old type of comments.
    Legit paintballer, acquiring DX sales through referrals!
    -
    Direct ALL the Woodsballers here to buy ALL the LASERS, and scope,
    and flesh...oh crap flashlights!
    While getting ALL the referral DX points!
    Posts(2192) | Reviews | Tip post

• Princo Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:02 PM Reply
    So...Rest in Peace DSi!
    Posts(122) | Reviews | Tip post

• Green65 Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:39 PM Reply
    I dont need a Facebook image up-loader and a faster camera i think i can live without 1.4 until the update comes for my Supercard.
    From UK
    DX Forever!

Fernando - "we are bitching the supplier to move their fat ass to get
    the items here!"
    Posts(267) | Reviews | Tip post

• sece1212 Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:17 PM Reply
    If you guys still want to keep using your Flashcards, and can wait just a bit on the teams, then do so.
    Been Posting Here Since November 08 :D
    Counter Strike Player (Former Cal M), Dx Forum Helper :]
    Yankees Won The WS :D
    Colts Lose ):
    Posts(3535) | Reviews | Tip post

• MS3FGX Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:32 PM Reply
    It seems like the simple answer to this problem is to just not upgrade your DSi...

Unless you really like FaceBook, I see no reason that you would need to get rid of your flashcard.
    Posts(2213) | Reviews | Tip post

• leev211 Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:37 PM Reply

Posts(1524) | Reviews | Tip post

• acidica-old Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:19 PM Reply
    Fix are already on it's way. Even for not upgradeable cart. A kind of "cracked" firmwire you will install using a upgradeable cart. My source is the most popular FRENCH nds forum out there (ndsgen)

Posts(2576) | Reviews | Tip post

• fabulos Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:10 PM Reply
    it's a matter of time that dsi cards fight back.

So for now, the solution is not update your DSi to 1.4J.

Good luck with DSi cards.

Posts(408) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 7
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Video Games)
Video Games

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere